Sign in to follow this  
DiTch

MFA { TRIP PUTER, REV COUNTER? }

did a few searches on this befor posting. but could not find anything like it, ......... was messsing about with mfa today doing { ignition on , hold button ign, off still holding button, ing, on thing} and noticed that the miles readout on mfa 2 started to show a digital readout of rev counter? .. weird.. it resets its self and goes back to normal once the engine is turned off ..... now a couple of weeks ago i change my slave cylinder. and while i was doing this my brother pointed out that a, T piece conected to { plastic thing at the top of the engine bay above the intake manifold,, its called the check valve. i think?} had one side covered with red tape, ... now i could find nothing to connect to the taped up side of the, T piece . so i removed the T piece compleatly .. iv since found the black VDO hose from the back of the dial pod, so should i reinstate the T piece and conect the black hose? .... and what will it do if i do? .... and why would someone have dis,t it in the first place??

did a few searches on this befor posting. but could not find anything like it, ......... was messsing about with mfa today doing { ignition on , hold button ign, off still holding button, ing, on thing} and noticed that the miles readout on mfa 2 started to show a digital readout of rev counter?

Is it a G60 bud? If so that could be the boost test that can be performed on the G60. Sorry not much help with the pipe. Someone will be along to help you out.

Yup- the MFA has an 'engineer' mode that its possible to engage which shows digital rev counter..

I forget how to engage it but a search on the clubgti forums should find it (its where I originally read about it)..

The MFA uses the pipe for sensing boost pressure and working out MPG, or used to on earlier cars like MK1's and 2's. Might have been disconnected because of a leak behind the dash though???

I reconnected the vac hose from the back of the dash yesterday to the t piece i mention at the start of this thread .... then today i checked CrazyDave,s post... so i then disconnected vac hose and tryed sucking on it? ,.... yep it leaked .... so i disconnected it ...again, can,t see that i need it anyway { cant be arsed to remove the gauge pod}...... cheers CrazyDave