Sign in to follow this  
MurphG60

G60 Not Running at all now!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!

Hey All,

Ive just fitted a new cambelt and tensioner also fitted new aux drive bet and power steering belt. While it was up on the lift at work i fitted the Brembo four pot calipers on the front.

The problem is that now its not running right but only when im driving along???!!! Its not a misfire because it ticks over fine and revs up fine when sat still, once im going its so flat but not all the time. Sometimes it goes like it should and then i change gear and its flat... Just thinking its something to do with the fuel, maybe because i had the front jacked up on the ramp all the crap has gone through the pump and filter???

Ive got a new filter at work for it like just thought if anyone has had the same problem????

Many Thanks

James

Re-check all the timing marks on the camshaft, flywheel and dizzy. Could be that you went out a tooth whilst fitting the new cambelt.

Tempest

Ill be doing that on monday but im so sure i got them spot on, but if the timing was out it would run lumpy....

Im going to check everything again....

MurphG60, I had the same problem with my old corrado.. It turned out the timing was few degrees out. Ran exactly like yours!

Hey guys here is the update, the timing was out the Aux shaft was two teeth out. Once that was fixed it ran ok when i was going flat out but wouldnt idle very well. Also the car seemed to chug when just cruising in taffic or at half throttle.

So after all that it began to leak water from the plastic housing where the coolant temp sensors go, so i thought that while im on i would change the blue temp sonsor thinking it would be that. Hopefully it seems to be running ok so far but we will just see how it goes over the next few days. Im getting a new pully belt adn chip plus other engine things from G Werks so that should find any more problems....

Thanks loads guys

James

Need help with possible faults with the car, now it dosent run at all just turns over. Ive just fitted my 68mm pully and chip supplied by G Werks and drove it round to my g/f house and then it wouldnt start. So struggled for 40 mins getting the car onto the AA recovery truck to get it home and now need some help to find out whats wrong.

I dont think its anyhting to do with the chip i hope but i dont know at the moment, it was still doing its chugging diesel impression when driving along but then cleared itself!!!

Please help