Sign in to follow this  
Dave_P

hidden oil leak - where could it be coming from ?

hi, unfortunatley i dont have a pic but there is a leak that looks like its comming from the side of the engine, oil seeping from the side where the belts are, from wot i can see it could be leaking out of the bottom crank round where the engine mount is.

any1 know of where i could expect it to be ? i`ve just changed the sump gasket and thought it was leaking from that, but its coming down from a little above that....

Any advice apriciated :thumb right:

At a guess it sounds like your crank shaft oil seal :-( only way to be sure will be to get the cam belt covers off and take a close look!

if its the crank shaft oil seal, does that mean ill have to take apart the whole engine ? charger/alt/head ect to get to the inside of the bottom end ?

please so no its easier...

Not sure if you have to remove the crank to change the seal or not but even if you do it can be done from underneath, sump off, gearbox off, endcaps, shells off etc, drop out crank replace seal and refit crank (sounds easy eh) :-)

Am sure someone can confirm if the above is complete shite or not? :oops:

Anyone?

Dan