Sign in to follow this  
khurrado

Advice Needed:Removing body panels

Evening all, I have approximately 20 hours to remove the following from my corrado:

Bonnet Bumpers Wings Doors Tailgate Slam Panel

Im still stuck on the bloomin lights!! Plus it doesnt help that i was fresh from amsterdam this morning.

I have tried searching but to no avail, can anyone put me in the right direction?

Anyone? Ive got the lights off, just cant work out how to get the front bumper off.

I found a post on here, and the screws attached to the lower spoiler are being a right b888ard to get off, im running out of time. HELP!!!!

Look under the car mate (a bit vague i know), there are 2 17mm (I think thats the size) bolts on either side, theres a 13mm (again i think thats the size) in the middle of the 2 on either side. Undo the larger ones, these hold the brackets joined to the bumper and then the bumper should just pull out. Dont under the smaller middle bolts!

The slam panel bolts can then be reached that are attached in front of the radiator. Undo all attaching bolts to wings and inner skin of the wings (right under where the lights sit). As for the wings, undo all the screws that run along the top, where the bonnet would sit when closed. Theres also a bolt under the sill of the car, where the arch is.

Ive never taken the doors off nor the boot lid but id imagine theyd be pretty straight forward.

Hope this helps buddy!

Cheers, ive got it all of now except for the rear bumper and sunroof.

Ive found2 bolts under the catr at the back, dont know if these are for the rear bumper, but ill tell u this, they sure as hell dont want to come off.

Any tips on removing rear bumper?

not sure mate, never removed a rear bumper hence not knowing where bolts are, id imagine they'll be underneath also and similar size bolts to the front. Im not sure if they are held on by the same principle.