Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Mk4 Rear Brakes

Just wondering, with the much talked about Mk4 rear caliper conversion, is it just the calipers? hmm, that dont make sence...lol

Ok, what I'm trying to get at is that I may have a spare set of brand new mk4 calipers and carriers, so was wondering if I can just slap them on my VR? Are the disc sizes different? I need new rear disc's anyway, so if they are, can i just get mk4 disc's and use them?

Final question, what size are the rear disc's on Mk4's & Corrado VR's?

for the best feel i have/other people have done, are standard rear discs, but use mk4 pads, you may have to shave about a mm off the pad, but the handbrake is an actual working hanbrake (yeh in a corrado :shock: )

and some conversion hoses from c&r enterprises about £35.

so can i stick the mk4 calipers and carriers on, and then do i use corrado discs, or Mk4 discs? are they the same size then? (they are from a 25th anni model, so i think are 256mm?)

stick the mk4 rear callipers/carriers on with the conversion hoses from c&r, use standard corrado discs, but use mk4 rear pads with about 1-2mm shaved off. that is how i have done it :D

if unsure have a search, it's been discussed/done by hundreds of people.