Sign in to follow this  
jimmy p

heated seats???

My corrado has leather seats and a switch for heated seats but no wires to connect to it and i can't see any under the seats either! :?

Is this normal or am i just being teased with the thought of having nice warm seats when its freezing in the morning?

Do the seats have plugs on them?

Is there any loom under the carpet?

Seems a bit daft to just fit a heated seat switch...

Thats exactly what i thought. I couldnt find any plug on the seats, where abouts would it be? would the loom be along the door sill?

The plug would be underneath the seats - would probably need to remove them to see it, but that's not hard.

the loom runs between the seats and either along the centre console to the dash, or along the sill .. like you say. Should really be along the sill but if you remove the seat, you should be able to tell by lifting the carpet.

turn them on and try them :-p (bear in mind that mine take about 10 - 15 minutes before you notice they are on, then they get toasty warm quick (but unfortunatley my drive to work is only 5 minutes :-( ))

switch for heated seats but no wires to connect to it

turn them on and try them

Reckon they may be a bit trickier to sort than that :wink:

switch for heated seats but no wires to connect to it

I couldnt find any plug on the seats, where abouts would it be? would the loom be along the door sill?

there is a big difference ;-)

Id say i can feel the warmth after maybe 5 mins or so but for them to get up and running properly 10 to 15 like yours.

Great in the winter though arent they.

Slightly off topic here - thought you were gonna be at Stealth last weekend mate??

pull the switch out of the dash and see if there are wires connected to it, if it has wires then you have the loom as its all one piece

I have heated seats on mine.

Though i never use them, as i hate the warm ass feeling... :lol:

For the back they´re OK, but i get sleepy... :sleeping: :shock:

Id say i can feel the warmth after maybe 5 mins or so but for them to get up and running properly 10 to 15 like yours.

Great in the winter though arent they.

Slightly off topic here - thought you were gonna be at Stealth last weekend mate??

Yep you can definitely tell if they're working within 5 minutes of switching them on.

ok. Had a look under the seats and can see a connector with wires going into the seats, i'm guessing these are for the heating elements???? So looks like i've got the heated seats but still couldnt find any wiring loom to plug into them!

Is there anywhere i can buy a loom and is it hard to wire them up? will it have to go through the fuse boxand require a relay?

Take off the driver side rear door card. There should be two relays behind it.

Is it possible the loom has just disconnected from the switch and is sitting in the dash?

Could be worth trying to take off the trim in the driver side footwell if you still can't find anything.

Take off the driver side rear door card. There should be two relays behind it.

take off the passenger side rear door card. there should be two relays, do you have a switch for the seats ?

very difficult to get hold of a loom , the relays and switch are very expensive from the dealer , iirc the relays are £35 plus vat each

easy to fit though , i did mine

Thought the relays were usually on the driver side?

Granted, I think with the standard loom you could probably put them behind either....

just had a quick look behind both rear door cards, theres nothing on the passenger side and a big black box on the drivers side. looks like a control box for something though, not a relay.

Well I'm going to mount mine on the driver side just to be a rebel ;)

:lol: :evil:

oh well it looks as though someone has changed the interior mate , you will need the loom relays and a switch