Sign in to follow this  
dnac

Locks

found an interesting "feature" on my car last night, basically the key only fits the ignition, and does not work in either door, or the boot.

Do I need to get all new locks, or can I get a locksmith type person to make a key to fit mine, or can I find a code on the lock somewhere so that I can go to VW and get a key?

Thanks

i have the same problem. Its caused obviously buy someone trying to steal the car.

What im doing it getting passat rear door handles for the doors and removing the boot lock and just having one key for the ignition.

i have the same problem. Its caused obviously buy someone trying to steal the car.

What im doing it getting passat rear door handles for the doors and removing the boot lock and just having one key for the ignition.

I thought the same thing, but it always worried me in case the battery goes dead and you cant get in!

No locks on your car should solve that problem. Other than that I am sure that the stealers will be able to make you a key. 2 keys gets annoying after a while though!

- Ross

I thought the same thing, but it always worried me in case the battery goes dead and you cant get in![/quote:a508a]

Yeah.. i'd always keep the boot lock, just so you can manually override that and climb in that way!