Sign in to follow this  
maxmotor

Need help to finde my missing horse power.

Hi I hope that there is an ekspert in here that can helpe me.

I am the owner of a corrado G60. I have made the following modifications to the engine.

G-charger changed with a rotrex C30 supercharger ressulting in 1,2 bar of boost.

Schrick 268/260 asymetrik cam.

bigger injectors.

and custom programed chip.

My problem is that it dynoed at 184 bhp wich I think is not enoughf. It schould have more. The place where the chip was made had another g60 with rotrex supercharger. The same as mine but he didn't have cams or bigger injectors, and it dynoed at 230 bhp.

I have cheked the timing, cam possition, and fuel pressure. all fine.

Does anyone have an ideer to what is wrong ?

please help.

Hi Maxmotor,

Have you changed or modified the ECU? as the vac pipe that runs from the inlet manifold to the ECU lets it know how much boost the charger is putting out only problem is that the map sensor inside the ECU only reads up to 1bar anything over that and the boost is bleed off by the ISV this could be your problem. But if I am wrong I'm sure it wount be long before some one corrects me :-)

Hi

The ECU modifications only include chainging the chip. The pipe is the original one still runnig from the manifold to the ECU. The MAP sensor in the ECU can run up to 1,2 bar of boost. I have a gauge in the car that showes the pressure. it is 1,2 at 6200 rpm.

The ISV is fine as well.