Forge Competition BOV

Quiet Stainless system with hidden diesel tailpipe

Gearbox from Audi A3

Uprated stage 1 ECS clutch with lightened 14lb flywheel

Lowered on FK's

Hi Spec Billet 4 brakes 326mm grooved and vented discs

How the Dash looked when I picked it up

001.jpg

Couple of gauges, needs a tidy. Rather choice!

002.jpg

Snazzy chome surround.

003.jpg

In need of a proper clean!

004.jpg

In pieces!!!

005.jpg

Nice clean boot. This was manky!

006.jpg

Back to black! Switches still need sorting. There are a few unwanted buttons. Already replaced, will update later in the thread

007.jpg

Gauges sorted

008.jpg

Pads are a bit low!

009.jpg

Dirty Engine

001-1.jpg

A bit of cleaner

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

Smokin!

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Magic

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

Just needs a good polish up now.

Here is a quick vid for you all. Enjoy!!

I have a donor car on the way, G60 arches arrived yesterday, momo snap off wheels should be here next week, edition one interior by the end of the month, 8.5x17's coming soon & a respray once the Corrado is sold! Lots of plans & lots of work to do!!

Watch this space!

Cheers Lads

Look forward to seeing it around

Did you get a dub sorted in the end?

I'm trying to get a few people to go down the club gti meet in Bracknell. 1st Tuesday of the month. There's a few lads form the ed38 forum going to pop down. You should get down there!

I'll be at no rice next Wednesday.

Did you get a dub sorted in the end?

I'm trying to get a few people to go down the club gti meet in Bracknell. 1st Tuesday of the month. There's a few lads form the ed38 forum going to pop down. You should get down there!

I'll be at no rice next Wednesday.

Yeah I went back to the Corrado, got a VR6 brought from Gradeafailure.

The car isnt finished yet, maybe for next month!

Cool, got any pic's?

What have you got to do to it?

Mine has loads to do!!

New alarm Friday, also ball joints and a wheel bearing! This list seems endless at this stage!

I have taken some pics, I just need to get them off the camera and onto the PC.

At the moment its in the garage, I needed to replace the radiator but in true me style I decided to change soem other parts of the cooling system. I am just waiting on the last parts from VW and an oil cooler kit from g-werks!

Apart from that, then the heater matrix/stereo/hooking up the heated seats its then off to the bodyshop to repair some little bits and a bit of paint to make it look like new(ish) again.

When do you think yours will be finished (if it ever finishes!)

I know what you mean about it being endless, but we keep coming back to VW!

Sounds good mate.

LOL! Never finished! Just going to get faster and cleaner! I should have the bulk of the current plans done in the next few months I hope. As long as the corrado goes, it should take that long. I have everything covered apart from the paint and labor.

It's having new front wings, used front bumper, new G60 arches & eyebrow (which I have already), got driver side door, bonnet & rear 1/4 &on the donor car, as well as another dash, electric windows, 16v clocks & other interior bits n bobs. I'm putting vents in the passenger wing. Then it's all arch work to fit the new wheels under!

The guy that has the edition one interior needs to find me some more door cards, and then I can go & pick it up. I’ve just sent the money to Eurotek for a 300mm Momo Team & Snap off boss. Need to find a gear knob and then I can sell what’s on mine. I’ll recuperate a fair bit selling what’s on the car. Enough to put a decent system in it.

The exhaust rap arrived this morning. That needs to be done ASAP. The down pipe heat is melting a rubber sleeve on the steering and making the steeling a little clunky.

Also on the look out for some 944 door handles, 16v rear lights and eventually want a “DUB” private plate.

… Haven’t really thought past that really LOL!!!

Not been on here for a while, so about time I updated the progress with the Golf!! Been busy!!

Since the last tme I was on here some ho mo has reversed into it and driven off, leaving me to come back to a bumper hanging off, dented wing, smashed grill etc. Just glad it happened before the respray!

100_4092.jpg

100_4101.jpg

Whole new interior/steering wheel!

100_4091.jpg

More goodies

100_4493.jpg

100_4453.jpg

Nice & wide! 8.5"

100_4489.jpg

Toyo's

100_4494.jpg

Old & New

100_4510.jpg

A little close

100_4517.jpg

Before the 10mm Spacers

100_4533.jpg

100_4527.jpg

100_4539.jpg

100_4549.jpg

Really chuffed with the wheels now. Wasn't sure I'd like them.

Next is the intercooler to change. Current Intercooler.

100_4189.jpg

Sprinter to go on soon.

100_4553.jpg

Awating a date for it to go into the body shop now!

im so jealous, ive been thinking about those kt 1's for ages now but just cant afford them on my student budget, of you dont mind me askin where you got them from and a rough price? great work with the transformation :thumbleft:

Fair does Dan that looks sweet, totally different car to the one you bought. Good skills. Loving the Keskins, always had a soft spot for them.....

Thanks for the comments lads!

I really like that steering wheel, I'm looking for something like that. Is that with a snap off kit aswell?

Not yet, I am still waiting for my snap off boss from Eurotek. There's been a problem with the manufacture apparently. Been on order for bloody ages.

im so jealous, ive been thinking about those kt 1's for ages now but just cant afford them on my student budget, of you dont mind me askin where you got them from and a rough price? great work with the transformation :thumbleft:

I paid 1k inc 205/40/17 Toyo's from Eurotek.

ive seen some advertised on german ebay for around £500, with out tyres tho, out of my price range sadly, think they're gorgeous

I'd never had brand new wheels before, so I had to have them. I want it in a position to get on some stands & shows, and maybe even win a show & shine, so it has to be done to ahigh standard.

fair play, wish i had the money and skills to do so, best of luck, its come a long way so far and it clearly shows, think it looks awesome already! :thumbleft:

Thought I'd give you guys an update. Not been on here for a while.

Old Head unit

100_4619.jpg

New bad boy DVD player

100_4623.jpg

100_4652.jpg

Had a little problem last week.

Came out the gym, less than a mile down the road & hit bump while entering a mini round about. That followed loud tyre screeching due to the arch on the tyre. At the time I thought the suspension at the front on the passenger side had adjusted it's self right down.

Had to get the RAC out with a lorry to take me home. It only took me 3 hours to travel 6 miles home.

100_4635.jpg

100_4641.jpg

100_4647.jpg

100_4649.jpg

The lucky thing about it all, I was 500yrds from the due carriageway which I'd of been doing over a ton down usually. If It had happened then, I might not be here writing this today!!

After inspection, I have found it to be 2 of the 3 bolts that hold the bottom ball joint in were missing. I have them replaced a few months back. The guy who did it for me will be getting a visit from me.

Glad it was sorted quickly and didn't cost much. Even glader it didn't happen at speed.

Now with new Smoked Crystal Rear Lights

With Happich Pop-Outs

100_4661.jpg

100_4664.jpg

STD rear windows

100_4693.jpg

100_4700.jpg

100_4705.jpg

100_4712.jpg

100_4714.jpg

100_4688.jpg

100_4677.jpg

100_4678.jpg

It's getting there!! More things to come!!!

BTW, anyone seen my old G60 Raddo in the Swindon area?