Sign in to follow this  
costa-corrado

G60 engine rebuild

your minds goin over time now..

The chip in the jet is a G-werks job...there are the muts nuts around the g60 engine matey...If i had go it back off you..that would be the first place i would of taken it too....

questions is....why does it need a rebuild?

it may not but as much as i love motors i dont know that much about them and since its done 225k and il been using it as a daily driver and for trips to brighton and back i thought i might cheak the prices out just to see if its in my budget id rather be safe than stuck half way down the m1.( if that makes sence)

yeah wise move...i sold it with around 200k on the clock and it was still sounding mint then...that 25k is only about 15miles. I had always planned to do the oil pump next...just as a precaution. Cam and idler where changed about 6 months before i sold it...and it wasnt smoking...It never let me down engine wise...apart from a clutch(wear & tear) and the radiator. The water pump was changed as it leaked a tiny bit..so as long as the block has been looked after i should be okay....but like you said...at 225k better safe than sorry.

ye thats it vw are famous for there bomb proof engines but wear and tear should be expected after 225k i just rather have full confidence in it if shes coming over here but if i havnt sold here by the time its over here im gona keep it i just dont know which root to go down OEMrestoration engine everthing or put my money into tuning it even more i do have a need for speed and if i bring it over i do fancy the od track day

Depends what you want standard engine or better pistons etc for further mods. if you are wanting the build a strong engine have a word with Blue Joe. he just rebuilt his G60 with forged pistons etc.

im stiil trying to figure out the costs of bringing it over and keeping it or bringing it over and spraping for parts it depends how much the cars worth in pieces