Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Broken Corrado, coolant leak!!!!

Brilliant,

Have had a coolant leak on the car which was gonna get put right when i got down to Pompey this week. However the car has packed up and is now steaming from under the coilpack and leaking coolant heavily so im stuck!!

Gonna need to get my old man to get it sorted once ive left so any clues please.

The leak is coming in a jet form near an alllen bolt and a hex head type bolt. The leak is spraying in the direction of the back of the car (left to right as you look from the gearbox end).

Any body know exactly what has gone, suggestions on where to take it (Durham, Newcastle area) and finaly guesses on prices.

Thanks in advance....

sounds like its the thermostat housing................if it is the costs are under £100 if you put it to a $tealer

Yeh, agree with rodders. Fiddly job, but do-able. You'll prob need new housing, O-rings and stat.

Have been in touch with JIMMI from here and am gonna take it to him thisarvo for a 2nd opinion.

Appreciate the advice guys, fingers crossed!!

I really didnt need this today!!!!

Well you were correct guys.

JIMMI has kindly volunteered to sort it all out for me including my dodgy fans and install my VDOs while hes on.

Therefore ill be making the journey up again in a couple of weeks to get it back.

2 Weeks without the car, not a nice thought!!!!!!

Half a day!!!! I did this myself, all you need to do is removed the PAS pump (Three bolts and an adjuster) Then drain the coolant, remove the housing (two bolts if I remember correctly) and change the stat / Housing, The o-rings come with the stat and that is normally good enough. repeat steps backwards to put it back together.

Its about an hours job if you do it on your back on the drive, less if you have ramps!

Half a day!!!! I did this myself, all you need to do is removed the PAS pump (Three bolts and an adjuster) Then drain the coolant, remove the housing (two bolts if I remember correctly) and change the stat / Housing, The o-rings come with the stat and that is normally good enough. repeat steps backwards to put it back together.

Its about an hours job if you do it on your back on the drive, less if you have ramps!

might be some differences tho as its a VR6 and you have a 16v...............tho when mine went i just put it into VW and came out with a bill of £80-ish all inc............of which £20+ was parts/sundries

JIMMI is gonna do a couple of other jobs while hes on so ive just left it.

Ill head back up and collect it in a couple of weeks.

Ive had no speed 1 and 2 on my fans for ages, the little belt that connect them is missing and the VDOs are getting sorted so happy days...