Sign in to follow this  
Saint Tricky

Which additional gauges?

Hi

Hopefully the GB on the DDI dials will be resurrected and I'll get a set with the bezel rings.

What I want to know is what additional gauges (oil pressure, boost, oil temp) look good and a close match to the dials?

I'm interested in the swp ones but they are advertised under the golf mk4 section so don't know if they will fit the corrado or if they come with the required senders.

Picture HERE

Any ideas?

Thanks

ST

The holy grail of dials - IMHO - are the OE ones that fit down just in front of the gearstick, made by VDO I think. They are a volt and oil pressure gauge combo. They have Corrado written on the dial face, as per the standard dash dials and the backlighting is as per the original dash lighting. I got mine from GPC in Luton, but that was a few years ago and i'm not sure they are still available. Cost me about £100 IIRC.

The DDI dial set comes with the necessary bits to upgrade these dials aswell as the standard ones.

Checked your link and the dial looks ok. Where is it supposed to mount? Don't think much of the one they advertise for the 'Rado that sits in front of the air vent either.

I am very keen to get one of these DDI kits myself, with the aluminium surrounds and red LED backlighting. Cool. :wink:

I've seen those VDO dials before and I think they're okay, just wanted something more modern looking really. I think you can still get them but the mounting plate they come with only fits late model C's like yours and mines a G60. I'm also not overly keen on having to cut open the gauges to fit the DDI faces.

I'm probably going to put the three gauges I want where the stereo mounts and relocate the stereo where the cigarette lighter sits. I think it's better to have them higher up in my field of view.

It is a pity that most of the better gauges are American so temps are in F and not C.

Thanks for your views.

ST

I sell some really nice backlit gauges which are quite a close match to the DDI instrument panels when lit, they feature black faces with white numbers and a brushed alloy bezel.

When lit the gauges light up a very even white colour with no dull areas etc. Available in Boost, Oil Press, Oil Temp, Air/Fuel, Water Temp, Volts.

Sample below

BOOST-GAUGE-PIC-1.jpg

BOOST-GAUGE-W-Lit--1.jpg

AIR-FUEL-GAUGE-W--LIT-1.jpg

Cheers

Hi

Very nice Edition 1.

Glad you replied as the link in my first post was the blue SWG ones.

I'm assuming these are the same price?

Do they come with senders?

Thanks

ST

Hi

Very nice Edition 1.

Glad you replied as the link in my first post was the blue SWG ones.

I'm assuming these are the same price?

Do they come with senders?

Thanks

ST

Hi , yes they are the same type as our Blue Mk4 gauges but obviously these are backlit white. They come with all the senders you need and prices are the same as the blue version. (possible GB price if there is enough interest) :wink:

Cheers

Hi again

Are you going to be stocking these for the forseeable future, because I only want to get the oil pressure one at the moment but want to buy some others later and want them to match?

Also, what is the thread size on the sender please as I want to find a t-piece so I can keep my original warning sender?

Anyone know wheres the best place to get this t-piece?

Ta

T