Sign in to follow this  
soupie69uk

How many miles is too many for a G60 and a VR6?

Just been looking at some for sale and most are 100k+ which I am sure is still alright but how much over 100k would you say is safe for both G60's and VR6's?

How long is a piece of string

Totally dependant on how well its been looked after.

The G60 I sold with 170k miles was still incredibly strong - never used oil etc.

A good history and enthusiast owned renders the mileage irrelevant to a point as long as you accept that you will need to keep up a decent level of maintenance

I bought a 148k miler 94L reg VR in November last year and other than minor niggles it was as quiet and smooth running as my 78k Storm

mines (VR6) on 150k on original chains and clutch. no smoke no oil or water usage. no nasty chain noise still produces the goods i.e quick 8) . but then again its not a particularly very highly stressed engine anyway.

as stated above, go for the ones that have been looked after regardless of mileage, my g60 is on 98k now and the bottom end is knocking so i think its had a hard life

As everyone has said if it has been looked after the mileage won`t matter.

Go by your instincts check the paperwork receipts etc etc.

If it doesnt feel right walk away there are plenty more 8)

Forgot you were on here paul, fire round to my house after next Edinburgh SVAG meet, my vr6 been sitting outside for 7 months and she fired up the other night perfectly after a charged battery, shes on 178K.

Its all about the service history and receipts mate!

ps if you wanting a spin or a look at a G60, my mate has 1 in Dalkeith,could arrange a wee spin 1 day, Let me know anyway.

Cheers

mines got 107k now and its been more then regularly serviced and looked after by the best, its even had stupid amounts of money thrown at it just to make it 100% most of the time and tbh it has been more reliable then my friends new focus's and mondeo's. Mileage is not something to worry about these days as long as the cars looked after well. Regardless of what ppl say ALL corrado engines are long lasting and reliable, if their looked after and treated with respect!

would rather have my rado then some modern electronically regulated average car!

Yeah may take you up on that offer!!

I can never make the meets now as they are on tuesday night and I work.

I dunno if I will get a corrado or not just may be buying a flat with a mate so would want a cheaper car. But my mate is changing his mind I think about living in town. Fool that he is!! Ha!