Sign in to follow this  
stevie_f_2004

Corrado Centre Guages

Having a few problems wiring these guages......wired as vr6storm says in an other thread....however without connecting the oil pressure sender, the volt meter reads as should i.e 12-14volt when the engine is on but the oil pressure guage goes off the scale 10+ (and it's not wired). When I switch on the lights guage illuminates but volts drop off to 0 and oil pressure guage returns to 0 as well.....Is this a faulty earth connection....+12v live connected into stereo live permenant feed and inition live connected into the lighter feed....and does anyone have a picture of the dual pole oil pressure installed??

Any suggestions????

I can, but it may be wednesday before i get the chance, probably be dark by the time im finished at work tomorrow.

Hi mate

the wiring instructions on the first page of the thread (cant remember who it was by) your probably looking at are wrong ! i meant to post about that but forgot, i found this when i fitted goldies a week or two ago !

I had exactly the same probs as you when i turned the lights on, ie no volt guage !

As for the oil pressure, the guage will go off the scale when the sender isnt connected, it will make it read lower when connected.

I took goldies guages apart so i could work out the wiring by lookin @ the circuit board, i may still have the piece of paper i worked it out on in the garage ill look in the morning.

What do you need to know about the sender i may be able to help.

Jimmi..................

Dual pole Sender installed in the "bottom-right" hand sender. Use a deep 24mm socket with extender bar to remove existing single pole sender. Fit new dual pole sender---connect wired---job done!!!!!!!

lpf33---probs still with lights when they are switched on---everything reads zero....

There is a good guide in a copy of a sprinter from about 3 years ago. I ain't got a clue where my copy is but perhaps someone else has now I've jogged their memory.

Do you remeber which issue it is mate? Got a fair few old copies of the sprinter kicking around..

Do you remeber which issue it is mate?

Sorry Jim haven't a clue which issue it's in reckon 3 maybe 4 years ago.

If everythung reads 0 when switching the lights on, you have used the light circuit as the -ve on the gauges.

Find another earth.

Ahhhhhh....Changed the position of the earth and permenant live ( connected both into the feeds to the glovebox light) still reading zero when lights switched on.....the illumination is connected to the cigarette lighter (blue/grey wire) ......

Could you have confused what you think is the illumination wire with the -ve wire?

Basically, switching the lights on should not affect the functionality on the gauges at all?

If switching the lights cuts out the gauges, the only explanation is that you have either lost an earth(hence me thinking that you have tapped into a light circuit as your -ve) or you are losing the +ve.

Are the gauge backlights working when you switch the lights on?

thetino

the backlights are working when I switch the lights on......but th guage reading (volts and pressure read zero). I also noticed whe nthe indicators are on the volt guage reduces noticeably when on???/