Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

The Alloy Wheel Nightmare!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I purchased a set of FK alloys (4 months ago) which was spec'ed for the corrado G60. As then spec'ed choice went up to 9x17 (rear) ET35 I choose that size for the rear and 8x17 for the front.

Already having 8x17 on the front and back I thought there shouldn't be much of a problem getting them to fit.

Well...........After putting a tyre on the 9x17 rear I could VERY clearly see that they are not going to fit very easily!!!!! The car is in the body shop at the moment and they are saying that the car will have to be raised lots and have the arches cut out to allow them 9in and then there still maybe issues!!!!

Has anyone fitted this size before or got any advice?

Cheers

:(

To be honest with you mate i cant realy see the point in fitting such wide wheels on the back- way to much hassle and exspense and for what benefit. :?

If the car was rear wheel drive then such wide wheels would give obviously more grip but the rado isnt...

How come you wanted 9" rims on the back?

Seen a few Corrado's with the split rim look and want the same.

Shopped around for a good priced set of wheels which spec'ed the corrado so I knew they'ed fit.

I've spoke to FK about this and the answer was "you'll obviously have to use spacers and maybe get the arches rolled".

I can't believe companies can sell porducts like this! As I've put tyres on the rear alloys I can't send them back!!! Arse!!!

Cheers

Sorry to hear that mate thats a right arse- have you spoken to them about this?

And asked them why they gave you incorrect info that has left you out of pocket?

Do they also fit the products they sell like demon tweeks or someone like that? - if so ask them to fit them onto your motor.

Or who are there authorised distributors of the wheel as surely some of them will have a fitting service- same thing get them to try and put them on your car...

And then tell them that they didnt fit - money back please or a smaller two rear wheels please you can then say!

James

i have just re-red the post again and i have made a mistake ? mine are 16"'s not 17"s sorry ...

download.php?id=78

Nice side shot... looks almost as heigh as I'll go.

The pain this is putting me through is a nightmare. just had a call from the Body shop and they say NO WAY are you getting 9x17 in that arch. not unless to wheel sticks outside the arch.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

C. Will Corrado G60 2

I feel for you mate...

Youve just burst my bubble thats the size i was going for .. let me knowe you get on ..

Speak to Steve Denton at Premier (PVS) 01604 604004. They regularly fit wide rims to Golf/Rado's ie, 8s and 9s and I'm pretty certain the green VR6 with B16PVS plate is running Porsche splitrims with either 9.5s or 10x17s at the back! Your arches will need to be rolled/flared, you'll have to stretch the tyres on, and you MUST have the correct offset for the width of wheel you're using ie. for 9s you must run low ET 15-20 to clear the struts.

BTW, Sukh with the Westside Corrado is running 10x16s so it can be done!!

HTH

as i said earlier and as valver says ! et20mm is a much as you can go with a 9"rim i have had very slight arch work and mine are fine... you dont really have much hope with et35mm 9" rims you as i would say your main rubbing will be coming from the inside....

p.s the rear of my car is lower than that as it was parked on the lumpy ground ..

p.s the rear of my car is lower than that as it was parked on the lumpy ground ..

Yeah, thats what they all say....

:lol:

There are loads of corrados runing 9" rear wheels, you will need spacers, and you will have to roll the arch right out and then smooth it over

Also, what tires are you runing?, bigest you can go would be a 215/40/17, but i would go for a 215/35/17.....yes they do exsit, and they are available in this country,

I think i've also seen 205/40/17 tires stretched over a 9" wheel aswell