Sign in to follow this  
shephard

another problem

i have had a whinning noise coming from under the bonnet sounded a bit strange and havnt really bothered with it, thought i would hear where it is coming from and it seems to be the cambelt does anyone know what it could be? just looked at papeer work and the cambelt was done atabout 140,000 miles and it now has 152 ish on the clock, any input would be appreciated, cheers

possible alternator or timing belt tensioners or rollers ???

have a little look at those

well i know the alternator belt need changing because it squeaks when under pressure but it does sound like cam belt maybe its not

could still be a noisy tensioner if your gonna change the belt then take the tensioner off and check for any play

i had a similar noise on mine from that area, after the belts were done and it was the timing belt tensioner fitted too tight, worth a check.

or take the alt belt off and run the engine for a few seconds see if the noise goes away

that is the other problem i cant get the power steering belt out the way, someone is doing it tomoro for me so hopefully it will sort it, how do you check the tensioners please

your gonna have to strip the timing belt take the tensioner off and check for play or noise when you spin it

could also be the idler pulley for the power steering belt... the bush inside breaks down and causes some really nasty noises... :|