Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

URGENT HELP NEEDED Where do these parts go!!! Maybe ETKA??

Ok so after a beer I thought I would have a quick look at getting the cowling off from my steering wheel surround.

MISTAKE. I got the indicator stalk off but when I pulled at the MFA stalk a spring and two small pieces of metal (like in a this sort of shape '[' ) came off. Does anyone know where these go? If anyone has the ETKA shorts maybe this shows how they go back together????

Please help me, I thought this job would be easy :cry:

Thanks

Haha good luck with these, i can EXACTLY this problem when one of my stalk broke, i gave up and brought a 2nd hand one.

What you need to do is:-

compress the little spring

Put the two metal pieces INSIDE the spring so they look like this ][

what this does is keeps the spring compressed.

then you have to put it inside the wiper stalk hole,

but this is the tricky bit, the bottom of the ][ needs to go through the hole and clip onto the back of it, when you look at the stalk you'll see the hole has enough space to push the spring and ][ though and turn it so that the metal things clip aounrd the back of the black plastic lungs in the hole and keep the spring in.

I spent an hour with this and gave up.

Haha good luck with these, i can EXACTLY this problem when one of my stalk broke, i gave up and brought a 2nd hand one.

What you need to do is:-

compress the little spring

Put the two metal pieces INSIDE the spring so they look like this ][

what this does is keeps the spring compressed.

then you have to put it inside the wiper stalk hole,

but this is the tricky bit, the bottom of the ][ needs to go through the hole and clip onto the back of it, when you look at the stalk you'll see the hole has enough space to push the spring and ][ though and turn it so that the metal things clip aounrd the back of the black plastic lungs in the hole and keep the spring in.

I spent an hour with this and gave up.

You know its bad when the explaination for something starts 'haha good luck'

Thanks for that though, I never would have thought for that. I will give it a go, but I should look out for a second hand one anyway!

When you say put the two metal bits INSIDE the spring what do yo mean does it go ] then the spring [ ?

Thanks

i mean you hold the spring upright

and slot the two metal peices INSIDE it like this ][ so the spring catches underneith the two lips on each spring, then what this does it alow the metal peices to slot over the pivot on the main stalk part which has the electrical parts on it.