Sign in to follow this  
8vSport

1.8 16v Rado i.sv or i.s.v control module??

Hi all,

was wondering if it is most likely to be faulty in my car, either the i.s.v valve or the i.s.v control module? Since i last posted the misfire has been fixed and my mechanic seems to be sure the i.s.v is at fault. But im afraid if i buy a new i.s.v (177euros plus vat) and its not faulty, i'll have to buy a control module as well. Im sure they are expensive too. Havnt been able to drive the car in two weeks. No thanks to some tosser on ebay who never sent on the i.s.v i bought and charged extra for express post!!!

Any help appreciated.

what the problem? the car should still idle and drive okay with out the isv, it might be more prone to stalling but it will drive

Hi all,

was wondering if it is most likely to be faulty in my car, either the i.s.v valve or the i.s.v control module? Since i last posted the misfire has been fixed and my mechanic seems to be sure the i.s.v is at fault. But im afraid if i buy a new i.s.v (177euros plus vat) and its not faulty, i'll have to buy a control module as well. Im sure they are expensive too. Havnt been able to drive the car in two weeks. No thanks to some ****** on ebay who never sent on the i.s.v i bought and charged extra for express post!!!

Any help appreciated.

providing the electrical connector is the same fitment (the 2.0 16v corrado ones are different) , slightly different ISV's from audis, golfs and passats will work fine on your car as a temporary test to see if your current ISV is shot. You must be able to find a second hand one somewhere, they're fitted to so many cars.