Sign in to follow this  
davidwatsonok

So, are C's selling and how much is mine worth ???

We've finally decided after over 12 years that our beloved '91 (J) Corrado 1.8 16V has to go. No expense was spared maintaining this cherished baby, but the effort and expense has got too much even for us. In stunning condition for a 15+yo car, her engine is only 5 years old after a head gasket failure terminated the original, so there's only 10-15k on that, but the rest of her is of various ages. In 2001 I replaced everything on all corners, springs, dampers, mounts, bushes, wishbones, bearings, discs, the lot, along with the new engine and the 'box refurbing and a fresh clutch. She's fitted with a Scorpion full stainless exhaust and 17" OZ Superlegerra alloys, along with nearly new rubber all 'round. On the downside, the sunroof is struggling to slide open but still tilts. The spoiler works, along with just about everything else. We also have a new Sony CD player to go in, but the speakers are all a bit dodgy.

A little work and minimal expense will see her almost like new, so what would she be worth and what chances of a quick-ish sale. I know selling cars is a bit like pulling teeth as last year I struggled to sell my Impreza which was completely mint, but I just wondered what demand is out there for C's these days.

Fenay13.jpg

Depends what it's worth to you I guess. You don't seem entirely desperate to sell so why not advertise it for £2,500 - £3,000 and see what interest you get. Can always reduce the price :)

agree with VR6, only worth what it is to you 1.8 16v (like mine) are coming up at silly cheap prices especially with average miles 150k+ even with rebuilds people will still see miles

, reckon mine would only go for 1500 even with what i spent on it. worth far more to me and what could you possibly buy for that amount of money that is comparable

just tighten the purse strings and keep it or allow me to keep it for you :wink:

Gotta be defo worth 2k easy. I paid that for my G reg valver last May. Its in very good original condition, had 117k on the clock with FVWSH, 2 owners and no mods.

Theres always someone who'll pay top dollar, especially if your not in a rush to sell.

id be interested to know how much people think this is worth as mine is really similar just with 87k on the clock, trying to work out if i should sell her or keep her wack a faster engine in, if it had high miles i wouldnt hesitate but the low mileage makes me think i should sell and buy an older one!! hmmm