Sign in to follow this  
trevor

vr6 clocks

hi i'm looking into putting vr6 clocks in to my 16v > any one done this befor . need a little help with the loom ? would g60 clocks fit easyer ?

Everything will be ok with speedo, but rev counter will be very inaccurate. U can use your old cluster, just put on new style vr6 clocks and needles...

Hi. I just did a similar swap here in the states ('93+ Late style Digital Vr6 Cluster into my 90 G60 Mechanical Cluster) and ironically is what lead me to this forum to do some research.

in short, the tach is 1/3 off (as expected) and the Speedo reads 5mph too fast. I think the speedo is off due to the different trans final drive.

I have no resolution yet and am weighing my options, but think I am going to pursue just swapping the needles and faces as suggested onto a digital 4cyl cluster. I am trying to search and find out of the later 2.016v UK Corrado had the Later style Clock faces. if so this may be my best option because I would prefer the higher redline.

Not sure if you have the mechanical speedo or not, but If you are interested, here is the writeup that I did in the VWVortex (work in progress) http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3078876

Cheers,

Shawn

thanks for your help . i've not found an easy route to this problem . i'm trying to get my clocks back lit . up date style .ie g60 .vr6