Sign in to follow this  
cvw

what do these attach to ?

cars been running poo for the last few days . and have read a few posts in the search regarding this here are the symptoms lots of rough idling after about 45 sec after starting and lots of rabbit jumping while driving with a few pops and bangs . Had a look under the hood today and found two pipes not connected to anything they both come from the air box one from the sensor thing on the engine side of the box and the other comes off the pipe which goes into the back of the box this one looks damaged but can't see where either of them attach. i am sure that one of you c junkies will know. thanks

wes

hope the pics help forgot to mention its a 1.8 valver which is pre cat so i presume there is no lambda . tis seems to be a recurring problem on alot of the valvers i read about on here .

Both of them attach to the underside of the inlet elbow right before the throttle body. :wink:

just noticed that . thanks . have some photos here , do you know which one goes on which side . actually not sure how to get another attachment up. :oops:

afaik the one with the connector with the 90 deg bend on it attaches to the plug nearest to the firewall.

thanks dec . i ahve reconnected them both and car running alot better the only issue now is the idle is quite high . not sure howhigh as my rev counter is redundant at the mo , will sort that asap . but do you think i just need to adjust the idle speed or could it be something else.............