Sign in to follow this  
drunkenmunkey

Can't find definitive answer on threads - best ride quality?

I've trawled thro' most of the suspension topics and it's confused me more!

I need to replace a rear bilstein sportline shock, but looking at the rest they'll probably want doing soon anyway - they're getting really 'crashy' as well, so I'm looking for a shock & coil kit or may keep sprintline springs which can soak up the crap Scottish potholes up here -

What's the best for ride quality - without going OE!!! I'm not taking it on a track so roll is no great issue to me....and I'm 33....with kids!

All opinions welcome!

CLICK -- so what more do you want to know?

And yes, you can't just go replacing one shock; do both of the rears. Easy to DIY. In addition to my oppinion in the above thread link, the tyres do make a difference, or should I say wheels size; a 15" wheel means a bigger profile tyre, which can mean more comfort. Ensuring all bushes and stops, rubbers are all in good nick will help too.

Thanks StuartFZF400, I've decided on a weitec gt kit and replace the lower wishbone bushes.

This post was an act of desperation as I'd gone round in circles and didn't want to spent 300 quid on sh#te! But I've heard good things about the Weitecs, so thems the ones.

Cheers