Sign in to follow this  
Pickard1

G60 coolant flange replacement

Hi,

I have been leaking from the plastic flange at the expansion tank end of the cylinder head for a while. I have brought a new one and came to try and fit it today but couldnt get the old one off.

According to the ETKA description it is held on by two M8 allen head bolts. Mine appears to be held on by two studs coming out of the cylinder head with nuts fastening the flange on. Followed by an earth wire and then some more nuts holding that in place.

I have tried to undo the nuts but everything is corroded and the whole lot statrted to turn. Now I'm worried that ive sheared off the stud inside the head....

Any ideas how this should work?? :?

After you have taken the earths off, the whole thing should turn and the stud comes out of the head.

Ok, cheers guys. Sounds like all is as it should be. I was concerned I had broken something :oops:

I will try again next weekend with some penetrating oil.

just make sure you change the O ring and stick some new nuts on the studs....

little bit of copperslip on the studs works wonders if you ever want to get them undone again aswell. :D

Fairly sure they're M6's so make sure you have the correct bolts to replace along with the seats as above...

If you get stuck get yourself some Irwin bolt grippers (machine mart)