Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

there are TWO different styles of G60 brake pad?

I have got my self the 1992 G60 calipers (and 280mm discs) and planned to pop some new pads in too. GSF only supply one type of pad for the G60; the type that have a springy bit at the top to keep them in place.

EBC show two different types of pad and therefore made me hesitate in installing the GSF ones. As seen below.

So can anyone confirm that there are two types; why thre are two types and whats the difference (other than the obvious sizes given) - I was thinking maybe they hold in differently? (why the bigger HOLE??? in the 1992's)

ps - just spoke to VAG and they were asking for engine codes etc (which wouldnt tie up off a 16v) but in the end she said they were all the same pad. So why do EBC list two?

The bottom picture is the same as all of the G60 pads that I've ever fitted. The spring on top of the pad enables the sliding part of the caliper to clamp the pads in place in order to stop them rattling around. Both the G60 & VR6 use this type of pad.