Sign in to follow this  
gcpa968

Exhaust fitting

Guys - have recently acquired a full exhaust system for my 1990 16v C from ebay which will arrive shortly. Just wondered if anyone had any advice on fitting \ whether the hangers, bolt kits were easy enough to obtain, etc..... Bit of a novice at this kind of thing...

Cheers

G

if you're such a noivce, why not get a garage to fit it. Should only cost about £15 to fit, as its a 10min job in a garage - thats what I did, and I dont mind gettin dirty.

its a b*gger of a job without a pit/lift. The rear box is fine, but connecting to the downpipe (off the manifold) can be an arse, as its probably original stuff thats rusted together.

As your C will be pre-CAT, then not sure what bits you need. Also not sure how it all connects in comparison to a post 1992 C and also not sure how different your system is to a standard one. I bought VAG and needed a connecting sleeve between the straight pipe and a rear box. Should you need a clamp, I might have a spare one, but they're not light and may cost a bit to post.

If you bought a system that mirrors a proper VAG one, then I'd pop along to a VW garage and ask about fitting kits, they can pull up on screen what clamps etc they sell - however, again, you local garage might have suitable (cheaper) stuff to use.