Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

Clarke tool chest - very pleased

On 'Supercharged's' recommendation I ordered a roll cab and top box from machine mart a few weeks back now.

It's finally arrived and I'm really impressed, very good quality stuff and an excellent price:

HD Plus range

definitely recommend this to anyone, it's not Snap-On (it's also not 3 grand) but it's better than the Halfords Professional range and cheaper, I'm only using it for home use but I reckon it would withstand workshop use pretty well.

I am looking for a chest to go in my new garage and I was looking at these, glad you like them. I presume they are big enough to carry most tools. What about electrical tools?

Haven't filled it up yet, but I have a power drill, hot air gun, jig saw etc, that I want to put in there and the bigger drawers in the 7 drawer roll cabinet are fine for most of these, some of the cabinets have a larger lift up door type front with a larger storage area, buit for general tools I was advised my mechanics to go for an all drawer cab as it makes regular access to items easier. the only thing's I won't get in are my electric tile cutter and power rotary mitre saw, think even my angle grinder should fit in one of the big drawers though.

Most of my sockets, spanners etc... will go in the 6 drawer top chest I've got on top of the 7 drawer roll cab.