Sign in to follow this  
drunkenmunkey

What's yours & how does it ride? Opinions welcome!!!

I am about to replace my struts & springs on my VR6 along with front wishbones & rear axle bushes but I'm torn :? I have about £300

I've had a look at various threads & I know it's a difficult topic but what do you have and how is it?

In peoples opinion what's the best option for a 'tight' feel but supple [non crashy] ride?

G-Man has offered me some Hicon GT Coillies for £299 which seems cheap :) , but will they be harsh :p ? Am I better to go for the GT kit?

Confused confused confused!

Much appreciated

My weitec kit is a great ride on my VR 40/40 drop.

Mines the set drop. so i assume the coilies will be even better!

Mines standard tired springs on standard tired dampers and rides crap! Am to almost sure of taking G-MANS offer on the GTN kit.

i've always been one, not to buy cheap stuff, i'd rather a £300 of shocks and springs, than a £300 set of coilovers.

i paid £400 for shock n springs on a corsa :lol: i thought decent setups on a corrado would start around £700?

It twas my thoughts to. The HICON GTN kit retails at £325 AFAIK and is a semi coilover setup. The front dampers offer coilover adjustment but the rears are more of a regular damper with less adjustment potential which keeps the cost down. I've read some good things about these kits and even the cheaper Ultra GT kit. So for the likes of moi who isn't an all out hardcore racer, the Weitec stuff should be ok with the all important lowered look :)

as you say its been discussed to death, including the main Topic Thread. Also jonnyboyo asked a related question and got a little feedback on here, and also my 2p here

A 40mm drop would be fine (not spine-breaking) if you were on standard 15" alloys.