Sign in to follow this  
kongo127

Poor SNS Chip Performance

Hello mates!

I would like to tell you a story about my current G60.

I´m running the same setup like the previous one had.

I cannot hit the same top speed, neither feel that massive torque.

The timing is setup up correctly and CO-POT aswell.

I cannot hit 7000RPM in 4th gear, which i could on the previous car.

Now, i wonder what could be happening...

- Defective (dying lambda probe)? I´m also running a 1.6 Golf Cabrio Lambda, could this be an issue? It was told me that they´re similar.

- Bad fuel pump (not feeding properly the injectors)?

- Is this due to a small exhaust leak that i have?

- I´m sure there is no boost leak.

- I never heard no exhaust pop, which i was getting at high-revs in the other G60. So it makes me think that this is all about a lack of fuel.

Anyway i wonder if there are some differences between early and late G60 engines (camshaft, crankshaft, etc...)?

This is because these engines have different sounds while running ( in my opinion)

And yes... i can get more top speed with the stock chip than the SNS one.

This situation is completly the opposite from my previous G60.

Any ideas / sugestions?

Cheers,

What ARF are you running A, @ part Throttle & B, On Boost ?

I think you title of this thread is misleading when you have many other possibilties that could be wrong before blaming the Eprom

Sorry :offtopic1: but I thought the G60 would only rev to 6200rpm?

I never take mine over that am I missing out? :twisted:

depending on pulley size, i wouldnt take mine with 65mm pulley over 6200rpm altough 68mm might be ok for 7000rpm

I am still running the original 78mm? pulley (not sure on original pully size) so it is safe to give it some up to 6500 and even 7000rpm as long as you dont run a smally pulley? :-)

kongo , didnt you once tell me that your old car had a differant gearbox in it? that might have been the reason it would hit 7k in 4th gear

not sure 7k is a good idea anyway....the power has dropped off on mine before then

What ARF are you running A, @ part Throttle & B, On Boost ?

I think you title of this thread is misleading when you have many other possibilties that could be wrong before blaming the Eprom

I understand your point Darren, maybe i didn´t express myself correctly.

I know that there´s nothing wrong with the eprom, because it´s the same one i was running in the previous G60.

I´m just trying to figure, what´s wrong with the car, because it has a different behaviour with the same setup.

I think i´m going to get an original and brand new lambda probe, as i believe this is all about incorrect fuel deliever...

I don´t usually rev up to 7000RPM, it´s just a term for comparision.

In my opinion, good shifting is around 5500RPM.

Thanks for all the replys buddys! :)

kongo , didnt you once tell me that your old car had a differant gearbox in it? that might have been the reason it would hit 7k in 4th gear

not sure 7k is a good idea anyway....the power has dropped off on mine before then

Yeah, that´s also true.

I´m running the CBA box instead of the ATB one i got on my previous car.

With the CBA gearbox the car revs up more faster, but less top speed in each gear.

For example, i can remember hitting 210Km/h in 4th gear with the ATB. And i had to relief the acelerator pedal to avoid cutting at 7000RPM. I can´t even reach this right now.

With this CBA one, it´s difficult to pass the 200Km/h in the same gear. It´s not a question of revving, because i can´t even hit the 6800RPM.

I also remember getting some exhaust pops while shifting in high revs on the previous engine. Wow! It was such a feeling of power! I know it´s not related with power, but just makes me remember of the fun ride it was! :)

So... I want to get the best of this wonderful SNS chip that i already know!

Any more opinons please? :)

Have you popped an apex seal in the charger? what boost are you getting? The gearboxes have the same final drive on Corrado G60s iirc. so you should be able to hit the same top speed. it may just take longer to get there. My old g60 would hit 230km/h @6000rpm pre sns chip

you say about the o2 sensor...i think im right in saying it will be running of the chip at wot so that would eliminate it?

If i disconnect the O2 sensor i get a massive black smoke from the exhaust while driving a little hard.

So i guess that even the SNS code is getting and using its readings.

Today i measured the boost at around 6200RPM and i´m getting 1.2 bar with a 68mm pulley.

EDIT: Sorry for the mistake... (1.2bar)