Sign in to follow this  
daytona600

In Pro Angel Eye Lens Busted

Hi all

I had a stone go through the glass. I have plugged the small hole it made with araldite but it looks nasty.

I am having trouble locating a replacement lens. I don't want to fork out for a whole new headlight. The glass just unclips so surely there must be a replacement available.

Thanks

I enquired with In-Pro when I bought mine and they said that they weren't going to produce lenses on their own - I put Lamin-X on mine to help protect them.

thank khurrado but they are not the same, the in pros are clear.

I was going to limin-x on it was on my urgent to do list then sods law was applied :-(

As Andy says above, I also enquired and they will sell you a single light but the price is so high you may as well get another pair...

Thats just terrible, cant you take it to a glass factory of some sort, and have a new lens made up for you? Or is that sort of thing unheard of?

I think getting a one-off glass lens would be prohibitively expensive - been looking into all sorts of options for fitting HID projectors into a rado light housingg btw - you'd be better looking into getting a Lexan lens made or make one yourself.

If you do end up getting a new light and the one with the broken lens is surplus, I'd happily bung you a few quid for it cos I want to see if I can retrofit an HID projector into one easily in place of the standard low beam and see if I can make the bezel/lens more VR6 friendly, if that makes sense?

Anyone know if the lens clip-on system / bezels with the In Pros are compatible with standard corrado parts? ie could I fit a standard corrado glass and bezel to the front of an In Pro housing? I think I've seen some pics of it done btw, so I'm thinking it maybe doable :?

you could try asking one of those windscreen repair places, i have seen them repair chips the size of a 20p coin and you cannot see the repair at all, should be a damn site cheaper than buying a new light.

Yes, you can use the standard Corrado headlight glass together with the In-Pro light housings / bezel. They are the same shape and are clipped together in the same way.

Cheers for the info on the In Pro lens compatibility. Supercharged, yep, the beam might be wrong - or fairly wrong - but maybe not. I'm asking because I want to retrofit a proper E46 HID projector into a Corrado headlight unit, but keep things looking relatively OM.

It'll be easier to fit a projector into an In Pro housing than into a standard 'rado light - would mean butchering the reflector - and it gives me either the option of fitting a later VR6 lens and bezel so it looks 'normal' or just using the clear In Pro lens and putting up with the aesthetics for the sake of HID lighting.

Sometimes HID projectors with fluted glass work acceptably, sometimes they don't - I've seen some pics of them working pretty well and some where things are totally fecked up by the glass, but without trying, it's hard to know, if that makes sense....

I don't understand why In Pro doesn't do a VR6 fitment :-(

The beam is wrong anyway ;-) feck knows how it got through the MOT last year.

I got the lights direct from germany via eBay 18 months ago. They are aligned for left hand drive. I have been told that if you get them from a UK supplier that they give you instructions on how to set them up for the UK. If anyone has these it would be great.

High speed driving on country roads is not recommended with my current set up unless on full beam.

I am pretty annoyed that in pro don't sell the glass as last time I looked the sets were over £200 if I had known I would not of bought them.

A repair is out of the question as there are cracks as well as a hole.

Don't see why the beam pattern would be wrong, as if lens is totaally clear and projector is being used the headlight lens isn't really going to deflect / change the beam pattern as non-directional ?

If it's E-approved, which it will be I think, then presumably there's a shield in the projector which controls which side the kick-up is, so for a righthand-drive car it'll be on the left: \___

On a lefthand drive on the right: ___/

I think ;-)

The beam is wrong anyway ;-) feck knows how it got through the MOT last year.

I got the lights direct from germany via eBay 18 months ago. They are aligned for left hand drive. I have been told that if you get them from a UK supplier that they give you instructions on how to set them up for the UK. If anyone has these it would be great.

High speed driving on country roads is not recommended with my current set up unless on full beam.

I am pretty annoyed that in pro don't sell the glass as last time I looked the sets were over £200 if I had known I would not of bought them.

A repair is out of the question as there are cracks as well as a hole.

PM I receieved asking the same question to J.

Venom actually told me they supplied RHD units, but they didn't....

Hi,

Yes it was Venom.

The problem with Angel eyes is that they ALL come LHD and Venom should have told you that !!!!!!

Not all bad though as they can be changed to RHD but its a bit fiddly lol You need to open the light just the same as the OE ones with the metal clips around the edge, then take the main unit out of the case.

On the back of the main beam there are some little tiny screws and one of these is adjustable. Undo the other screws (I cant remember how many now) and loosen the adjustable one. Then turn the main beam unit in its housing (I also cant remember which way to turn but there’s only one way lol)

This changes the beam pattern for RHD :wink:

You'd think that UK suppliers would do this for you or at least tell people !!!!!

Good luck and let me know how you get on :D

I am the UK importer of In Pro.

To clarify.

We order part number 83635 which SHOULD already be converted to RHD over at In Pro in Germany. In the early days we (me) had to take apart 3635, which came as LHD. After hundreds of conversions I finally convinced In Pro to do it their end. Now it has come to light that for the past couple of months we have been receiving LHD unconverted units. We sell hundreds of these and some a bound to slip the net. Either in Germany or in my warehouse. Just an unfortunate situation. I am checking through the lights when they arrive.

Hi, If you are the importer could you import some lenses please. It's a bit underhand to sell lights but not lenses for when the inevitable happens.

Yes, they would fit a standard unit, trouble is you cant get a clear lens from anywhere. trust me, I have tried everything, even contacting in-pro directly.

If anyone knows where I could get a drivers side clear lens please! let me know.