Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Are there any bargins out there ?

Hi all , I have been looking for a Corrado for a while now . I`ve owned a mk2 golf gti 8v, mk3 golf gti 16v , mk4 golf 1.8t and at present have a mk4 golf gt130tdi and a golf clipper which I will be selling to get a corrado. The Corrado was always my first choice , at first the insurance stopped me having one but at the ripe old age of 26 with full ncd I think I am ready now. I have only viewed 2 so far , a black J plate on ebay which is local Item number: 320096989262 and 1 in a local garage . the black one on ebay mentioned above looks great on ebay , in the flesh it has 2 oil leaks lots of trolley dings , the back drivers quarter is made up of filler and there are runs on the passenger rear arch . With that pointed out the guy still wanted £1500 and no less. The one in the local garage is like a bag of spuds with a bad paint job on a h plate and its £1650 . I struck a deal for £1300 on Item number: 330102677131 but the guy has told me that the radiator pipes have just burst which he has replaced and now a flange on the block has broken , Im not an expert but there seems to be a bit of pressure build up mabye head gasket failure . I got beat to a L plate 20.16v grey 95k lady owner last 8 yrs this moring for £1500 , still feeling sick over that !! finally I stuck a deal for £1250 on ebay for this Item number: 290099068329 but just hpi checked the car and it was a write off , total loss by the insurance company ! gutted .

Sorry for the long post , in short im not really fussy , I realise that the car is quite old and dont expect a minter , I only have £1500 pound to spend and would like a 2.0 16v but dont mind a clean 1.8 16v . What do you think ?? cheers

I had been admiring your Corrado , it was a bit too far and a little over buget . You must be gutted selling her , I can only hope and dream of having one like it , cheers

Reckon you should sit tight if you've still got transport mate.

Biggest mistake to be made when after a (relatively) rare car like the Corrado is being pressured into buyin a dog.

Resign yourself to possibly having a long drive to see a goodun, but the for sale section along with the pre-viewing thread should turn you one up before you're old and grey.

There's load of helpful types on here. Ask niceley, and ye shall recieve.

As mentioned above, sit tight mate coz you have transport to get around giving you the luxury of being able to sit and wait for a good un'. Just keep checking the regular sites such as Autotrader, Pistonheads.com and http://www.carandclassics.co.uk

One will turn up soon i'm sure :)

ill be selling mine soon as i want a landrover, look on member gallery ditchs 16v // its 1991 1.8 16v has 180k /fsh /full electrix/ all recipts from day one/ not sure yet as to how much ill sell for but wont be more than 2k

Here She is , got loads of history , very clean . 400 mile round trip but worth it . Thanks everyone for the advice and offers .

Corrado005.jpg

Corrado006.jpg

Corrado008.jpg