Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

offset of wheels

fairly easy question i should hope guys and gals...

what offset would i need to run if i want to fit 17 x 8 rims to my G60?

its runnig the 4 x 100 set up still and im thinking of getting some keskins in this width.

was just wondering if et35 will still be ok due to the increased width?

many thsnks, Rob

Rob, in the Knowledgebase three is information on the wheel offsets for each Corrado.

If you ran a 6.5 standard wide rim, it needs a 33 offset. Going by the offset calculator you make the wheel wider by 19mm either side (half of 1.5" , ie 3/4") when you increase to a 8j rim.

You're main concern is the front wheels. I run a 7" rim and it clears just fine because you're only increasing the width by 1/4 inch either side of the wheel. I hear that people run 8" rims without spacers just fine too, but not sure what offset those wheels have (but I understand they're slammed). The diagram explains it another way. Not sure if clipping the inside of the arch, or clipping the outter arch becomes a problem - I would've thought a 'phat' wheel would clip the inside firstly...... it all depends if you've dropped the car too, by how much. If you want to read more into it, this page goes into more detail. Sorry, that doesnt give a definitive answer. At the end of the day, if you bought alloys with an ET close to 33, you can always get a spacer to move it away from the suspension/inner arch.

thanks for the reply

the car is slammed on coilovers at the mo, no rubbing of the wheels at the mo, just chin spoiler scraping!

so i shouldnt have any clearance issues with the suspension, its just how much clearance i would get on the wing. ive dropped the arch lining so there are no worries there either.

want to avoid spacers really

i think i would need to come down to an et 30 or 25

hi guys abiut a year ago i started a wheel offset thread with also peoples suspension set up and other useful info like brake sizes that will fit and spacers etc ill have a look for it!