Sign in to follow this  
plateletboy

MOT brake line failure... Time to upgrade hoses??

Hey all,

had the first MOT with the VR6 yesterday, which is always a bit of a brown pant moment, but it failed on 2 things i suspected it would. Basically it needs a new windscreen due to 3 stone chips, and all rear brake pipes (still the original steel factory ones)....

As i'm getting under there and am going to have to re-bleed the hell out of it, and chances are the brake lines will be seized to the hoses, I thought I'd take the opportunity to put nice new braided stainless steel hoses on all round?!?!

So, which ones can i get or need? the only ones i can find so far are goodridge ones which i think are: SVW1025-6, corrado VR6 > 1995.

But, there seem to be many posts after searching about wrong kits, fittings, banjo's, etc, etc

Its a Corrado VR6, M-reg, 1994, ABV, with a film MAF.... from what i can work out.

any suggestions greatly appreciated??

pb

I had the rear metal brake pipes changed on my 1.8 valver few mnths back as it to failed the mot. They were mega expensive due to them being so corroded all the flexi joints were breaking when trying to remove the pipes. I just had oem refitted the full length of the car incl all flexi joints. My mechanic did say that if someone had had them wax coated a few yrs back they would have still been ok. Hence they are all nicely coated and shouldn't give me any probs now.