Sign in to follow this  
Storm_Man

Problems with the Corrado

Hi all,

I haven't used the corrado for a couple of months but having brushed the cobwebs off last week, I'm now faced with a few faults.

1. The Spoiler has remained up after my first journey out and won't go back down manually or as it should

2. The sunroof has stopped working all together.

3. The water light signal started flashing, I topped it up and it stopped flashing. However, it has come back on again but the water level is just under the maximum level.

Forgive me - I don't know the first thing about mechanics etc, but does the sunroof and spoiler share the same relay or something, or is it just coincidence that they've both stopped working at the same time.

Any help would be great. Alternatively, if there is anyone local with a good understanding and wants to make a few quid trying to rectify these problems, let me know.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi all,

I haven't used the corrado for a couple of months but having brushed the cobwebs off last week, I'm now faced with a few faults.

1. The Spoiler has remained up after my first journey out and won't go back down manually or as it should

2. The sunroof has stopped working all together.

3. The water light signal started flashing, I topped it up and it stopped flashing. However, it has come back on again but the water level is just under the maximum level.

Forgive me - I don't know the first thing about mechanics etc, but does the sunroof and spoiler share the same relay or something, or is it just coincidence that they've both stopped working at the same time.

Any help would be great. Alternatively, if there is anyone local with a good understanding and wants to make a few quid trying to rectify these problems, let me know.

Cheers,

Nick

Afternoon mate, how're things?

I've got a feeling that the sunroof and spoiler are on the same fuse, which could explain them both packing up.

Was the light flashing when it was running and warm? I think it denotes over heating as well as the level and uses a different sensor to the temp gauge. could just be a knackered sensor or dodgy earth.

Or it could be the sensor in the tank. I might be around to give you a hand at the weekend , but i'm pretty busy at the moment. I'll let you know nearer the time.

Hello mate,

It was going well! How are you?

On both occasions, the vehicle was driven for about a mile before the light started flashing. A quick top up of water eradicated it initially but then it came on later that day. I stopped briefly when it came on for the second time, but it didn't come on again when I restarted the engine. Then, about 7 miles later, when I was just about in my drive, it started flashing again.

Sounds like the problem i have with the sunroof and spoiler, yeah it seems like its a fuse so i'm gonna check the bentley manual tonight and have a check to see, i'll let you know the result.

As for the water problem, i had that when it went below the minimum level on the header tank but if its constantly coming on without the level being an issue then surely its a sensor problem? Good luck with that.

Andy

Fuse 16.... 15amp, thats the spoiler and sunroof, fixed mine so hopefully yours will too. good luck the hot temp!

Fuse 16.... 15amp, thats the spoiler and sunroof, fixed mine so hopefully yours will too. good luck the hot temp!

Thanks mk3 yeti, I will get on the case with that this weekend. I appreciate your help.

this search facility is ace!!!

just fixed my sunroof my finding fuse 16 and replaceing with a 15 amp fuse it tilts slides and and still closes on with alarm :D :D :D :D

now just gonna wait for spoiler module i have got comeing off member on here and jobs a good un!!

Hey bud,

Sounds like a dodgy sensor?? So a quick trip to a garage with a diagnostic kit is the quickest solution unless you fancy a play around yourself?

But saying that, what temperature is the coolant sat at, 80 to 95 would be about right, unless the engine is under major strain. If it is running hot you'll hear the radiator fan kicking in a lot? My C was constantly running hot when i first got, but after a new thermostat, all good.

Hope this helps.