Sign in to follow this  
cvw

power steering belt

been tryin to sort this for a while now . valver 1.8. got a belt of stealers that was 9.5x730 that was way too big so ended up gettin a 10x617 for a passat apparently i have a passat pump on . now i have took all the bolts out so that the pump swiveled and managed to get the belt on ony no i cant get any of the bolts back in because the belt is so tight . been tryin to lever the pump out a little so i can get the tensioning bolt into place and then tighten it so i can then put the rest of the bolts back in. any ideas?

thanks in advance

sounds like you have the later pulley setup that the 2L 16v has, the ps belt goes straight to the ps pump from the crank and not around the waterpump like the early 1.8 valvers, looks like the dealer gave you the wrong part... that would be a surprise.

you should have a 630mm (part number: 027 903 137) belt not a 730 or 617mm

They gave you a belt for a 9A not a KR

Te belt sizes and part numbers are listed in the instruction manual (that no-one reads :lol:)

cheers fellas , did manage to get it together although it looks as if it is too tight. the reason i say this is it looks as though it is pulling the pulley to one side , ie they dont look as if they are aligned any more.....................