Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Anyone used these?

Clicky

Are these really decent unbranded jobbies? Or just a load of tosh?

Im after some coilovers ideally, but have a budget or £250ish. Should i buy something like this, OR, get some weitec shocks and springs, then buy some coilovers next year when my money situation improves?

Chris.

True, but for those who aren't looking for an all out "track quality" set-up maybe they'll do just fine. I wouldn't mind knowing if anyone has used these, or similar, or knows anyone who has. I'm not blessed with deep pockets and a pucka set of FK silvers and the like for £500+ would be wasted on me as i don't do track or drive to extremes on the street. :)

I've gone for the cheap alternative a few times on a number of cars, sometimes it's been OK, like a cheap boge lowering kit on a mk1, but in general I've ended up buying the better more expensive kit later on as corrosion, leakage and ride quality have been issues with the cheap option, particularly on the corrado.

In the worst case it'll end up costing you more going for the cheap option as you'll end up getting rid of them and then buying something decent too!

I bought the PI coilovers and it is a big mistake. I seem to remember Khurrado asking the same question recently.

They are far too stiff and springy - it really limits the speed of the car, I can't go over 100 - they are that bad. The rear end of the car hops about - and it just shakes the hell out of you!

Don't waste your money on them you will regret it!

Maybe try them cos either way your going to change next year when your pockets get deeper.

I do believe you get what you pay for but if your not into hard driving and dont do journeys over 100mph you should be k.

I have FK Konigs and to set the damping to low speed comfort it bounces about too much, needs stiffer springs, then when set to more race mode its just too uncomfy for the most part.

Will be upgrading again on mine.

No matter what you buy there will always be a trade off somewhere.