Sign in to follow this  
Saint Tricky

G60 High revs and Idle problem?

Hi

My car will randomly rev up to 2000rpm when idleing. Sometimes it's fine other times it's a real pain (Imagine stopping to let a group of horses and riders pass by and the car revs it's nuts off :D ). It also holds the revs between gear changes but this is more rare. Once up to temperature neither problem occurs at all.

I stopped the car when I got home this afternoon and popped the bonnet. It was idleing quite high at 1300 rpms. I unplugged the blue temperature sensor and the revs dropped a little, I then plugged it back in and the revs went down to 850rpm. Does this suggest that a new blue temp sensor should be bought?

I cleaned the ISV out a few weeks ago but it didn't help even though it was really dirty.

What do you think?

Ta

ST

Okay.

Just want to check I've not been given a duff blue sensor.

With the old sensors on the car and a water temp of 90 degrees, I put the black connector on the blue sensor and got no temperature reading at all.

So this would indicate to me the blue sensor is dead.

With the new blue sensor on the car I put the black connector on the blue sensor and the temperature gauge moved a little but didn't reach even 70 degrees let alone the 90. Is this normal? Or have I been given a bad sensor?

Hope you can understand what I've done, I'm just trying to test the new blue sensor works. I had to read it twice myself to work it out. :)

Ta

ST