Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Full Respray

I've just been quoted £2000-£3000 for a full bare metal respray.

Just wondered what any of you reckon to this price?

Is it a bit on the steep side or worth the money? :?: :?:

why do you need a BARE metal respray ? white must be the best colour to work with ?? but 2k sounds about right to me anyway ...

hth...

p.s u can give me a call in around 1hr . :lol:

2-3k sounds very reasonable for a bare metal respray - considering the labour involved in removing the interior etc...

I payed around 2k, but mine wasn't bare metal, and some welding was involves, (not to mention a door mod).

Check out some other full resprays that this guy has done - especially ones that have weathered a year or so - see how his work stands the test of time...

I know their work is tip top. It's JBS the same place that did the rarther large welding job for me. I just wanted to make sure that it was a decent quote. If I do decide to go for it I'm gonna wait till after winter. I wasn't initially after a bare metal but that's what I got quoted on. I'm going to some other bodyshops this week to get some more prices so I'll keep you all posted.

Darren I'll ring you in a bit Cheers mate

i was quoted around $2500cdn but thats with me doing a lot of the prep.

i'm also going to pay cash so i doubt i'll end up dropping more than $2000-2500 even after all the smoothing i want done.

i'm talking bare metal, proper smoothing (welded, not bondo), interior gutted/painted, engine gutted/painted, wheel wells gutted/painted, and full protective spray underneith.

if you're shorter on the cash side, with a little more time, strip it yourself... if you're tight for time but have money to burn, get them to do it all.

the price you were quoted seems steep, but i'm cheap and i like to do things myself and deal with friends who give me deals :lol:

I want it spraying the original White, nothing fancy. The price I was quoted on was for a nigh on full restoration, I'm not sure the car needs it, but atleast I'l know that if I pay that sort of money it will last (Famous last words!).

It's just a I'm finding it a little hard to get to grips with paying £3K for the car to look the same. I'm putting a lot of cash into the engine because I know the kind of difference that will make.

The work JBS do is top notch and James, the main man, is a perfectionist, so I know the work will be good.

It's just that £3000 bit, no doubt I'll talk myself into it though :lol:

Cheers for the replies. I'm not too clued up on bodywork and spraying so that's why I asked for you lots opinion. From what you have al said the price does seem to be reasonable so I'll bare it in mind. I was thinking of getting it done asap, but I'm going to sort the engine first and save some more money to throw at the bottomless pit that is my loveble C!! :lol: