Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

SCIROCCO'S!!

yep.

still got her. she still the fav

she was a 1988 scala in saphire a carb model until i bought a storm and did a injection conversion. best move ever. leather is cool too in a sky.

car is on eibachs with poly bushes allround and handles like a dream. much more fun than the G60

she got shunted by a citreon AX 2 yrs back and was classed as a write-off. one hard car the sky can take a wack or two.

got the parts to get her going again, maybe summer if i can afford but she may never be the same again.

a pikey tried to buy her for banger racing of all things. they needed a 1.6 carb for the class they are in. said they are strong as anything which i do believe. far stronger than the C. shes too good for smashing up. only stands me at 80 quid too.

gonna get her sorted even if i cannae run her. its just the thieving tw*ts that have tried a few times that put me off

GAZZAG60, good to see somebody keeping it going!

I had:-

Scirocco STORM (B reg)

Havana Brown,

Tan Leather,

Janspeed backbox,

Pannel filter,

power rore?!,

uprated discs+pads(dodgy brakes!),

Grille Spoiler,

16" smith ? alloys.

I saw this car when I was 16 in a local car park. Then later when I was 17 I bought

the very same one from this old guy who had, had it years. I bought the car even

before I passed my test. The first time I drove it after passing my test I couldn't

help wheel spining by accident everywhere! I then kept the car untill it was stolen

when I was 22 years old, I had it five years. It was left in a ploughed field on its

chasis by the thefing gits! The car is now with a friend who is planning to keep it

going(170,000)! If it hadn't been stolen I would probebly still be driving it.

I would have definetly sorted out the handling and got some rear calipers, though!

brakes are a little poor.

Ive had the car for bout 5 yeras now. was my first car. drove dads big bus about before that. Im trying to sort it but the c takes all my cash.

didyou find that it was a lot more sturdy and didnt swallow the same cash as the C. never had a problem with mine other than usual. Got a brand new supersprint in the cupboard at home for it too. If its nice i may have a look at getting it running this weekend. borrow a power press to get rid of the rear end damage.

Still got the Scirocco Storm here, actually my second one out of 8 I have owned... Boosted to 142hp in 8v form with Schrick cams it certainly flies and never fails to bring a smile to my face. Currently tucked away in the garage for the show season to start again, but might come out for a track day before then. It's wonderfully set up on Koni suspension and Yokohama rubber.

iceman, A 16v, is it a factory 16v? I heard that there where only a dozen? I

would luv to check that out at a show this summer. Is it red with black standard

zender kit?

GazzaG60, If your moding a Scirocco I would definetly go for removing the

black ruber strip. I saw a nice black one one the motorway with it done, it looked

really smooth. My friend is just about to change his green GT11, leather, white

indicators, badgless grille, grille spoiler, BBS for a Corrado G60. His is one of the

cleanest VW's used everyday that I have ever seen! His lucky brother is geting the

Scirocco passed on to him.

Campaign, Are you the author of "jez's scirocco page"? That sight is were

after buying my storm for £900, I discovered its true value and rarity. The only

thing that my STORM didn't have was the leather steering wheel. It had the

leather gear nobe, though!

Yep, had a 1992 silver scala (one of the last - and unusual as I thought they only made GT11's from 1990 to 1992), looked just like a DeLorean in that colour. Great car, had a few problems (new fuel tank and fuel filler pipe - not cheap!, and the design has a few silly rust traps aroung boot lid too), but looking back now I should never have sold it - especially to someone who didn't know what it was - and was talking about colour coding the rear spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the black diamond discs and pads (V. worthwhile as the brakes are rubbish otherwise) and lowered on Viperteck shocks and springs - only 20mm but tightened up the standar sway and evened out the gaps around the wheelarches.

Anybody notice that the rocco is easier to drive around town than the C? I still have problems judging where the farside is round tight left turns... :oops: As for the great 8V low down torque.

Sigh...............................

I had a 1978 with an 1983 GTI engine. That car was a blast to drive. I almost got rid of all my tranny parts(quaife, VR6 gearing, lightened flywheel and some other misc parts) so I could buy a 1981 Scirocco S with a Callaway stage 3 Kit that was all original and in prime shape last year for $1500 but I decided I needed my tranny parts more and got a friend to buy it from my other friend and now I get to ride in it on sunny weekend days.

fd52ecd5.jpg

fd52ecc4.jpg

fd52ecbd.jpg

fd52ecb0.jpg

sorry for all the pics it just that I don't post them much and its one that got away from me(but not to far)

need to keep the bump strips on at mo as my dad gives um some hammer with his sooty van door when he gets out.

waiting for better weather really before i can do any more.

G60ING, Great a Mk1 Scirocco, cool! It looks in realy good condition to. So

its been supercharged aswell?

ISN'T THIS A GREAT POST! ha, ha!

Scirocco's! Its making want to get my STORM back of my mate.

Is that it!!!!! No other ex-Sirocco owners?

does owning a 83 y-plate 1.5gl and a 85 1.8gtx for approx 2 weeks count..........got them cheap to break for parts.......only drove them from where i bought them to my wife's uncles farm where i was breaking them

I'm sure that there will be people desperate for mk1 body pannels. A y is a mk1, I

think, isn't it?

no it was an early mk2,it had the single wiper as standard too,if i remember rightly mk2 rocco's came out as early as x-plate....though to be honest even though mk1 panels like you say are hard to come by if it was a mk1 i would have tried to restore it.......like most other people i prefer the mk1 rocco to the mk2,though i prefer the mk2 golf gti to the mk1 golf gti

my last car was a 1989 scala1.8i in paprika red. loved it to bits and cried like a baby when the missus made me sell it (i bought the corrado without telling her!)

i still have a picture of it on my desk at work. every scirocco that i see in that colour, i always check to see if it is "mine". if i ever see it again i will chase them down and ask the owner to sell it me back. by the way if you are on the look out, it is F974 EKY. if you see it mail me.

jim

G60Caios- yes it is a factory 16v and yeah over year they are not hard to find although they are heard to find in godd condition and not modified. I happen to buy it off the orginal owner who didn't know much about it so he had no mods done to it. It has the orginal red paint job but no zender pacage, but ijust got a zender wing and in the process of getting a zender kit for the rest. I'm working on converting it to euro. i have the head lights and grill, zender wing and a euro gauge cluster. thats bout it so far. also just got a scirocco 16v engine to put in my corrado cause i blew the engine. Lots of fun and time here. :shock:

iceman, A 16v, is it a factory 16v? I heard that there where only a dozen?

Nah, there were loads of 'em in Germany, only a few were "officially" imported into the UK, and only a handful were ever converted to RHD.

Campaign, Are you the author of "jez's scirocco page"? That sight is were

after buying my storm for £900, I discovered its true value and rarity. The only thing that my STORM didn't have was the leather steering wheel. It had the leather gear nobe, though!

How did you guess? :shock: Yep, it's me again, how did you guess, coz last time you were really impressed :p

What's a nobe btw :roll:

I owned 2 Sciroccos before the VR6. The first was a 1989 1.8GT, nice car but not the most reliable. Owned it for 2 years, put about 20k on the clock then upgraded to an '88 1.8GTX, quite possibly the best car I've owned. I had it for 4 years, the reliability was simply awesome, it never let me down.

The GT (prior to fiiting a set of Pirelli P alloys):

GTside1.jpg

The GTX:

GTXside1.jpg

Jamie

I owned 2 Sciroccos before the VR6. The first was a 1989 1.8GT, nice car but not the most reliable. Owned it for 2 years, put about 20k on the clock then upgraded to an '88 1.8GTX, quite possibly the best car I've owned. I had it for 4 years, the reliability was simply awesome, it never let me down.

The GT (prior to fiiting a set of Pirelli P alloys):

GTside1.jpg

The GTX:

GTXside1.jpg

Jamie

your gtx looks a beauty and so too does your gt

Thanks, they were both great cars to own, the GT was my first decent car after a couple of Polos. The GTX was just a joy to own, it was heartbreaking to have to sell it last year (and I only got £800 for it :roll: )

Jamie