Sign in to follow this  
eatthis

vr6 wheel bearings

i've found,like you eatthis a sc vr tends to lunch wheel bearings.especially the back-i am for ever nipping them up.

the back ones were loose its eaten 1 new rear bearing in less than 1k miles (mustv been dodgy) fronts have about 20k on them genuine vag and 1 is noisy it does indeed have an appetite for bearings and front tyres for that matter lol

Did i hear somewhere that you are thinking of going down the turbo route and so will be selling your charger by any chance eatthis?

Did i hear somewhere that you are thinking of going down the turbo route and so will be selling your charger by any chance eatthis?

haha thinking is the operative word :lol:

sounds like alot of hassle for a daily car (ie cant be off the road) and i just plain cant afford it if i could get it sorted for around the price id get for the charger id deffo like to do it

Yeah tis a lot of work involved going turbo, none of this bolt on in a day malarky like a supercharger. Just asking as i will be looking for a charger very soon :D

Sorry to sound like I'm teaching Grandmother to suck eggs, but 1000 miles from a bearing sounds as though you may have done it up too tight.

Best wishes

RB

Sorry to sound like I'm teaching Grandmother to suck eggs, but 1000 miles from a bearing sounds as though you may have done it up too tight.

Best wishes

RB

i didnt fit em so no offence caused there mate hehe il mention it to em

Best wishes

RB

Or not adjusted them up enough to start with/when they bedded in.

It shouldn't matter what engine you've got, the rear wheel bearings take the same load/abuse. Either you got a dodgy set or they weren't fitted right....

It's well worth nipping them up every so often. the best check is to put the car in gear, handbrake off and get hold of and try to wobble the rear wheel. If there's any movement at all, they need adjusting up.