Sign in to follow this  
VR6*MarkOfTheBeast*

VR6 Sump Guard?

i'm getting sick of cr**ping myself whenever i come accros speed bumps/multistorys etc.

i'm going to fit a smaller front splitter/remove the cat. this should stop the scraping but leaves the sump all on it's own down there.

is there any way i can protect it?

You on adjustables??

If so id lower the back more, itll bring the nose up a little if you do..

Either that or id be avoiding multi storeys..

Looks lovely by the way..

As goldie said mate if on adjustables deffo lower the rear a bit if your arches/wheels allow as this gives that bit more clearance on the front which doesnt look a lot visibly but somehow makes hell of a difference :lol:

Otherwise a mate of mine has a mk2 sump guard i believe, not sure if it needs modding or anything but he couldnt find a vr6 one. His names Bendy on here so might be worth dropping him a PM.

thanks.

dubsport put the coilovers on two weeks ago and the photo's were taken soon after so it still had'nt settled. the back has come down a bit more since but i'l have a look and maybe give it another cheeky drop at the back.

cheers!

hello someone called me!! :lol: as rob was sayin i do have a mk2 golf sump guard on mine, not a straight fit. the front bolts on and the rear is attached to the arb and something above it i think!! :oops: cant remember what it is attached to but ive not had any trouble with it falling off so all's good!! stopped me smashing more sumps so def worth it for piece of mind.

cheers

ben

heard of wiechers before but never seen any of there stuff before mate. dont give a list of what cars they supply for either. if you find anything out on there let us know.

pm replied to as well!!