Sign in to follow this  
Bally

VR6 induction pipe

Guys..

I fitted a JR induction kit on mates VR but its abit to close to the block..

wondering what size the pipe is or where I can get pipe from to extend it further down...

can I use samco hose??

Cheers

I can't think what a JR kit looks like. Nevermind. You can use a length of Samco to do the job. When I had my Ramair on, I had a short piece of Samco between the MAF and filter, all held together with jubilee clips. Worked fine.

HTH.

thanks guys.. this is how its looking...

DSC00016.jpg

needs to come down alot further I think.. if some of you VR guys could stick some pics up, that would be cool..

ta..

Is it running OK? Looks like the MAF is on the wrong way around :? My first VR had one fitted like this when I bought it- used to stutter and felt like it was missing. 3 different garages couldn't suss the prob, so I took it to AMD- 5 mins later and they'd turned it the right way and it was running nice and smooth.

Yeh, could really do with being down behind the bumper, or at least behind the headlight. The K&N kit has an extra metal mounting piece, which makes it sit further down toward the front.

Is it running OK? Looks like the MAF is on the wrong way around :? My first VR had one fitted like this when I bought it- used to stutter and felt like it was missing. 3 different garages couldn't suss the prob, so I took it to AMD- 5 mins later and they'd turned it the right way and it was running nice and smooth.

Yeh, could really do with being down behind the bumper, or at least behind the headlight. The K&N kit has an extra metal mounting piece, which makes it sit further down toward the front.

It runs really well & pulls & sounds great.. which way round should the MAF be matey :lol: ??

Yeap agree need to get the filter sitting lower down defo...

Bally, basically the end attached to the filter needs to be attached to the inlet instead, so the plug is underneath, but pointing the same way it is now. Think there's actually an arrow on it somewhere. Hope that made sense! :lol:

Right mate, I see what you mean now! :) I am not sure about the MAF, but a piece of Samco or similar to move the filter away from the MAF looks like the ticket..

You may also have to look at supporting it. I think my Ramair came with a support bracket. Behind the headlight should be fine, but if you are prepared to remove the charcoal canister, you could relocate down behind the bumper. You will probably lose some of the lovely induction roar if you do that though....

Thanks guys.. will get the pipe sorted & sort out the maf...

as for moving the filter under the bumper, mates running a reiger front bumper.. will ask him...

It did come with a suport bracket.. I'll tidy it up on the wkend....

Ta