Sign in to follow this  
dub16

My Polo 16v, not a Corrado but still a dub!

Cool, i'll ask around, already have a disc setup for the back and a 285mm conversion for the front but thanks anyway. Was reading you'd just bought a G60, is all good, was thinking about buying a Mk2 Golf or Corrado G60 as love the supercharger sound but then wanted something newer so tried to find a Mk3 16v. Only managed to find 5 door ones which I didn't fancy so got my polo instead. Is all good in the end though.

If you mean the small light type...nope. If you mean the later type then yes, comes complete with a whole car ;)

Am sure I saw one for sale somewhere Brian, will try and remember. Have a spare one sat for mine :twisted:

i really reallly really reallly need one :cry: Cheers Lee, but i have a MKI to put it on already! :lol: Itll get My G60 brakes off the rado when i upgrade to brembos too. soo i really only need a REAR PANEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big light version. 82 MKI golf Genuine VAG part :cry:

:lol:

Like i say Lee, My GF has a black polo, and liking that pic you posted.....

Pity its sat as a 4x4 at the mo. so wheels aint on the agends yet! lol

Thanks Bally, few of my friends have the 1.4 8v's, I like them. Can't beat the sound of a 16v though :evil: :lol:

Hi Martin,

I had intended on buying a 16v, but the 8v came along with 22k on a R'98 1 owner from new with full VAG history!!

Do you use the porka.net forum? think I've seen the car before somewhere??

Hello Bally, got mine from a VW dealer with FSH as well, 1 owner. Have been on the porka forum but don't think there is any pics of my car on there. Dubster82 sent some chops of it in to PVW before it was lowered and think it is in this month so could be there that you have seen it??

Had a go with my friend in his 8v and you see how the extra 40 ponnies pull you down the road faster, much fun!! :twisted:

Keeps up with MK2 Golf GTi's but haven't had a go against a corrado yet i don't think. One of the boys has a 16v Corrado tho so will have to see how it fares sometime! You enjoying your 16v??

Had a go with my friend in his 8v and you see how the extra 40 ponnies pull you down the road faster, much fun!!

Yes. Much fun it was! :lol:

haven't had a go against a corrado yet i don't think

Well.... Not an official one..... :wink:

Keeps up with MK2 Golf GTi's

Well, 16v MKII's... Go on Marty boy, tellem what speed it overtakes an 8v GTI at :twisted:

:lol:

Started to pass him when i was above a ton then had it up to 125mph on the clock, think the owner of said oak green Mk2 owner was a bit surprised!! Wish i could have had it flat out but some wank decided to pull out in front of us, I LOVE ABS :twisted: Saying that don't think there was too much left as was up about 6200-6400rpm doing that speed!

Will have to see how much I get beaten by the G60 off the lights...don't fancy my chances on the dueller as you have a FAIR bit more torque than me!

Well, im rubish of the lights usually, especially against mates.

As i found out against said oak green MKII owner :lol:!!!

(Mind you, hitting the limiter twice in first and still anhilating him was pretty good i though :lol:)

but ill give you a go! :twisted: :lol:

Not going to be doing too much racing off lights, see if my front tyres can last longer than 6-7 months this time and that was with hardly any standing starts, think they'll have a bit more grip than yours Brian!! :lol:

think they'll have a bit more grip than yours Brian!!

hmmm yeah... realyy got to get some new ones on..... and maybe tame my driving? :lol: 6 months and on the markers? expnsive habit! :lol: :twisted:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: P-Zero Nero's next i think!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Is all good fun tho!

Was thinking will have to get some pics of the interior and engine done when I get round to it! If I ever get round to finishing that rocker cover i have sat! Long term projects!

Will do some after body shop ones as well when I get it in after the Golf is back from being painted to give me some transport! Will be on it's winter wheels then as well, god it is getting cold outside!!

Needs a little more refining! You know how it is! :lol:

Bit to busy with this stinking architecture at the moment tho. Will get it done sometime, along with the rear disc conversion and G60 front brakes have the parts for in the garage! More long term projects! :lol: :lol:

Hello Bally, got mine from a VW dealer with FSH as well, 1 owner. Have been on the porka forum but don't think there is any pics of my car on there. Dubster82 sent some chops of it in to PVW before it was lowered and think it is in this month so could be there that you have seen it??

Had a go with my friend in his 8v and you see how the extra 40 ponnies pull you down the road faster, much fun!! :twisted:

Keeps up with MK2 Golf GTi's but haven't had a go against a corrado yet i don't think. One of the boys has a 16v Corrado tho so will have to see how it fares sometime! You enjoying your 16v??

Sounds good matey... :wink:

Its all good fun, just so much I want to do, so little time though :roll:

I'll have to see the car in the flesh oneday... :D

Yep, should be down to Inters this year, have been for the past 4 or 5, so as long as I am not busy with folio reviews and projects I will be making the trek down so might see you there.

If I do make it should have a few more bits done by then and a few extra ponnies under the hood. :lol: Will see how it goes tho, know what i'd like to do but see if it happens!! :twisted:

I missed inters this year.. but will be there defo next year now I've got a corrado :D

I'm hoping to have a alot more done by then... :)

Goodluck with the motor Martin... :D

well, i thought its went through a few changes lately so it be rude not to post some bling pics :lol::lol::lol:

namely MK5 polo light conversion

Recaro FIA approved buckets

LUKE FIA approved harness'

Rear strur brace

Kamei mesh grill

B*L*I*N*G* 8)

all pics ©Mad scientistcostumed-smiley-spikey.gif