Sign in to follow this  
ALFA0101

car wont start..

hey, i've never thought about using these corrado forums, but i've been having car problems and thought this might be a good way to get some quick help :lol:

my transmission went bad, so i had it dropped and replaced with a new transmission. apparently, the corrado will turn over when cranked, but won't start all the way. does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? thanks.

You havent accidently pulled the hall sender plug out of the dizzy have you?? i managed to do this the other day... took me ages to realise what i had done! THe car turned over fine but didnt start at all.. untill i found that hall sender plug had come away from the dizzy! lol

thanks for the replies. that's all the info i have as of now joe, because im just forwarding what i heard. ill get some more info as soon as i can though. i'll ask the dude about the hall sender plug in the morning. ive already talked to a few people at the dealership who havnt had a chance to look at the car yet, and they're all saying its probably something really simple. so im pretty sure that this may be on the checklist. thanks for your time, if anyone has any other suggestions.. please feel free to reply!

What car is it???

The most likely thing is that they forgot to unplug the ECU and or forgot to re-attach the gearbox earth strap when it was off and have fried the ECU

(I have a £550 reciept from VW in my G60 folder for the item above after MR Clutch did a great job of a clutch change!)