Sign in to follow this  
samg60

vr6 golf ratios

well 2nd is a combination of ridiculous torque steer and wheel spin, 3rd is pretty controlable but between 3000 rpm and 4000 rpm it can still spin up, depends on the surface, good tarmac and its seems to be ok but any uneven surface and it will spin, doesnt bode well for when I finally get round to getting a BT, to be honest I really like the long ratios so dont really want a shorter fourth or fifth, its really nice plodding on th motorway between 2500rpm and 3000rpm with plenty of power available once past 80mph

How is the rest of the chassis, as your describing how my car behaves but on the standard G60 box so i was hoping that the CTN box would make it more driveable/controllable.

As for the ASD box i like the sound of the speeds reached upto 3rd but i think it will make it feel like i have a huge turbo on, loads of lag.

I also want lower cruising revs.

as the one up in sams car against the m3 it was fun and i enjoyed the `i didnt have my trc, abf, arc, traction control on ` phone call about a minute later

:lol: