Sign in to follow this  
Lovinit

wiring up rear lights?help needed!!!

heya there, got a 92 G60..and i just bought new rear light clusters..(smoked/Red) in the back of my c i got this big black plastic thing that holds the bulbs, that slips into the rear light! On the new one this big black plastic thing doesn't seem to fit., so i assume i have to cut the wires into this plastic thing then connect em up to the new bulb holders? is this right? and if it is which wires go where? anyone got a diagram b4 i start chopping stuff up unnecessarily ...

or am i totally wrong

Cheers

James

so no one has fitted smoked /red rear lights on there corrado??? please help... want my car to look good....

gave it another crack this morn...had inspiration.. actually was more just dying to get em on.. and fortuantly after a lot of fiddling and blown fuses, i've managed to connect it up.. safely and it all seems to be working fine... i'l let you know after i've driven for abit if i blow the dashboard or something..... I'd like to say thanks for all those who helped.... :lol:

hopefully next time i'l have a prob peeps can or wanna help me with...

woo hoo...(now i need silver bulbs)

James

seen your rado at inters,sweet car i got some pics.my bulb holders didnt quite fit either,push them in place and a 4 inch piece of duck tape to hold them onto the lights,crude but effective!!

cheers for the compliment.., has its quirks as i'm sure they all do... was gonna sell it, but after inters fell in love with it again..now its starting to cost me money again on all the bits i want for it.. ah well, the things we do..

james

hey thats my car..woo hoo...and you managed to get it when i'd changed the repeaters that morn... cool...amazin how subtle things can make a diff...like the side repeaters and the rear lights...makes it look a bit more modern now i think...