sim0n_parker

vagcom help!!

right then been reading up on this vagcom thing, im used to the obd testers etc but i searched for the vagcom stuff on here and they said its located under the center consol (where it says "karman") lifted that up no problem at all, found all the gear linkage parts etc but cudnt find any 16pin normal "OBD" diagnostic port, all i could find where two little wiring plugs (a couple of wires each) these seamed to be secured. do i need a special lead to connect to these? or should i find the 16pin diagnostic port ? as much help as possible on this please as i wouldnt mind knowing any fault codes (if any fingers crossd) that are stored,

chears

simon

you'll only be able to test the ABS if you have it fitted btw.........IIRC its a late G60 you have???

basically the OBD plug you have will be OBD1 and so only those two wires/plugs you have found,later Corrado's(well later VR6's) have OBD2 diagnostic plugs(still using OBD1 management but with OBD2 plugs)they have the more pins and have fault memory,the G60 only stores ABS faults IIRC

oh rite, yea its a late g60 1992 (k reg) so it wont store any engine faults? i got it on the fault machine at work and it said something about it has only gives out codes in a flash code, but i was struggling to find what to do to get a flash code.

simon

I checked earlier on today to see which plug I've got just out of interest,

I've got the later 16 pin diagnostic plug on my 1994 2.0 16v Corrado,

I thought it might have had the earlier type like on the G60 but it hasn't.