Sign in to follow this  
Lovinit

Schrick cam on a G60...recommended???

Spoke to the guys a G-werks about changing the cam on my G60..they recommended me a Schrick cam... I don't know much about em or cams generally, but can anyone tell me what to expect from this.. is it worth it for performance? what kinda increase is it..what does this do to idle speed..is it really lumpy? over reving? etc...

Any help or info on this subject would be much appreciated...

Looking to get it booked soon, so just wanna know i'm making the right choice...

Cheers

James

i think you'll find a lot out doing the search mate, but ive heard the schrick cam is the best for the G60 as it causes less boost loss through overlap? i think that right? if G-werks have recommended it then id go with them as they know what they're talking about and are really helpful. i don't know what power increase to expect, depends if you've got a chip, pulley, ported head etc? don't' know if you'd need an adjustable pulley either? i think it should just drop in simply enough, im sure someone will be along to advise you more professionally! sorry for the lack of knowledge! try the search tho and that may help! 8)

not sure what the RRp is on the cam's...

I have every confidence that the boys down at G-werks no what they doin? i get most of my work done with them...

I was hoping to get an idea of what i'm letting my self in for...I have looked at the searches aswell..seems pretty positive, so thanks for the advise

booked in for 19th July... I'll let you know how it goes...ah yeah