Sign in to follow this  
madscientist

VR rad fan fuses *fixed*

All my cooling system was working perfectly until I had a leak at the bottom of the aux water pump on my 93 VR, so i pulled it off and it snapped. I then got a new one and fitted it as it was noisy anyway, this is when the problems started.

My battery went dead and the culprit was that the aux pump and the fan kept going with the ignition off all night. After looking through all the search things i changed the rad switch first. this stopped them running on all night but now the rad fan dont work and the 10 mins after run dont work either (just the aux comes on with the ignition). I thought i would check the fuses that should be on the fan controller box next, there is only the big 50amp one there tho where are the other 2 smaller ones that i have seen on other peoples controllers?

It does seem strange tho that when i replace the aux pump i have these problems, as the rad switch is not that old anyway :(

The 5 amp fuse controls the water pump, the 20amp feeds the lower fan speeds, the 50amp one feeds the emergency hovercraft speed. Mine doesn't after run for 10 minutes either, but will after run if the fans come on..

The 5 amp is swiched from the ignition. the 20 is switched from the battery I believe.

Take your control box off and shake it. the components do become unsoldered inside. especially if you put too big a fuse in the auxillary water pump :oops:

There are 2 different tyepes of controller, the late ones have the fuses next to the 50amp one. What year is your car??