Sign in to follow this  
livi1982

Haynes Manual

There's obviously no haynes manual for the corrado but does anyone know of a similar book or even a general book that woud be useful for reference when doing small jobs. An idiots guide to cars??

Well there is a book for the corrado which is the Bentley Manual, so a search and you will find loads on it. But its rather expensive compared to Haynes manuals. You can get it as a PDF version which is what i have done and i just take my laptop into the garage with me so does the job. But as the corrado is a mongrel you can get golf and passat manuals for the majority of drivetrain parts and there are manuals out there which cover the VR6 engine as well.

i know have the ELSA software, the bentely manual in pdf and the porter manual

the bentley one is the only one worth getting tbh,

I forked out for a Bentley Manual and TBH i think its worth the money, i had the pdf version and i found it a bit of a pain to use, so much better on paper...

sorry, not noticed - have you got a VR6 or G60 or 16v or 8v? ..... only that the 16v 2.0 9A has many similar bits to the Passat; hence that Haynes is good, typically £3 on ebay.

I got by with a mk2 golf manual and common sense for a long time, but the bently is good.

I got a lindsey davies (?) one off the bay for a few quid. it covers fwd VW's up to 2002 so was good for my dads golf aswell. not as good as other manuals but alot of good info in there. Doesnt cover G60's though :(

I've got the Lyndsay one too. Not brilliant - lots of cars covered, and they're all a bit mixed up. It also assumes you have a fair amount of car knowledge and lots of tools. If you are after a real "idiot's guide" to cars, I recommend "Auto Repair for Dummies" (hang my head in shame I know :oops: ). It's been really useful to me to just find out what half the stuff under the bonnet/car is... Then get a more specific one on.

.. If you are after a real "idiot's guide" to cars, I recommend "Auto Repair for Dummies" (hang my head in shame I know :oops: ). It's been really useful to me to just find out what half the stuff under the bonnet/car is... Then get a more specific one on.

No need to hang your head in shame. It's an excellent book for novices and covers just about everything you'll need to know.

The title is the worst thing about it.