Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Mk V Golf TDI Intercooler into G60 ?

Just been reading the excellent (altho i'm sure it's alot more work than it looks!) G-werks FMIC fitment guide (Knowledge Base)...

Was wondering if anyone knew if a MKV TDI intercooler would fit, it's roughly the same size as a VR rad (635mm) and the pipe work looks about the same as the one in the guide

i was at wor the other day, and whilst having a fag outside (smoking bans!!) i stared at this iveco truck 6litre turbo diesel thingy! and its got a front mounted intercooler on it! also comes with standerd!!!! iveco red silicone hoses! each pipework comes out either side, im going to get it soon as its for scrap so ill get some pics up. will hopefully do a step by step process as the g works one was a little vague last time i lookd.

simon

Carefull guys,fitting the Iveco intercooler is NOT as simple as it looks...,i had to trim down the left hand headlight and put a metal tab on the headlamp's plastic bit that attaches to the slam panel,the fit is also very tight when fitting into the G60 because of it's bigger rad,valvers aren't a problem,also,if you have A/C it won't fit in between the car's cooling rad. and the A/C rad.

There are also different types of intercooler for that truck,the best is the all all aluminium version(turbo daily 35),the lesser version(mine..) also differs in the in/outlet department,1 inlet is small while the outlet is larger from the denser air being produced.

Remeber also that there's no easy way to fix the thing once installed as the plastic radiator fixings located on the back of the G60's A/C radiator have to be hacksawed off owing to clearance problems,the larger outlet also fouls the bonnet realease mech. when you connect the boost hoses back in.

Try it if you must but personally i'd just buy an eBay jobbie that look quite good(eBay.de) and are quite cheap considering that they are made from aluminium.

Shame when i got my intercooler years back eBay did'nt exist...